Expertise and innovation
Our operations are based on extensive investments in research and development (R&D), customer insights and a deep knowledge of industrial processes and digital solutions. This combination has resulted in proven capabilities to enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability.
Areas of expertise
Having the right combination of academic qualifications and hands-on experience, we work closely with our customers to jointly discover ways of addressing their challenges. Our various collaborations with leading research centers and universities worldwide, contribute to new or further developed technologies for increased customer value.
Mining and rock technology
Specializing in technical solutions and service for the mining and infrastructure industries, we offer expertise within, for example, the following areas:
- Rock drilling and rock cutting
- Crushing and screening
- Underground loading and hauling
- Automation and digitalization technologies, including integrated software platforms for mine digitalization
- Battery-electric technologies
Fint out more
Being the world’s no. 1 supplier of cutting tools and tooling systems we have industry-leading achievements in the optimization of customers’ machining operations. Our capabilities include expertise in areas like:
- Machining operations like turning, milling and drilling
- Cutting technologies
- Tool-holding technologies
- Digital manufacturing
Find out more
As a world-leading developer and manufacturer of advanced materials such as cemented carbide and super-hard materials as well as powder alloys, our core competencies include, for example:
- Metallurgy and metallography
- Material design and development
- Material characterization and properties
- Powder technologies, including printability
- Surface coating technologies (CVD and PVD)
- Tribology and wear of hard and super-hard materials
Select product page/website for more information
- Tools and software for component manufacturing
- Mining and infrastructure equipment and tools
- Metal powder
- Additive manufacturing
- Controlled expansion alloy products
The operations covering tubular products, bar, strip and wire in special alloys are part of Alleima (formerly business area Sandvik Materials Technology) since August 31, 2022. Go to the Alleima website
Additive manufacturing technology
As a world-leader within materials technology, manufacturing- and post processing technologies, we have well-established competence across the value chain for additive manufacturing of metal components. We are also a market-leading provider of metal powder.
Select website for more information
Our innovations in digitalization creates optimized solutions to meet and exceed our customers’ business needs.
We make the shift – advancing the world through engineering
We apply our expert minds and collaborative ways of working with customers and partners to build more resilient and stronger businesses.