Corporate governance within Sandvik is based on external rules such as the Swedish Companies Act, the Nordic Main Market Rulebook for Issuers of Shares, the Swedish Code of Corporate Governance and other relevant laws and regulations.
Corporate governance reports
Latest Corporate governance report
Previous Corporate governance reports
- Corporate Governance Report 2020 (PDF document, 320 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2019 (PDF document, 279 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2018 (PDF document, 350 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2017 (PDF document, 2.4 MB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2016 (PDF document, 350 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2015 (PDF document, 360 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2014 (PDF document, 474 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2013 (PDF document, 202 kB)
- Corporate Governance Report 2012 (PDF document, 123 kB)
Sandvik’s corporate governance framework, The Sandvik Way, is based on three building blocks and describes how common ways of working have been implemented throughout the entire organization.
1. Governance structure
- Shareholders' Meeting and Board of Directors
- President and Executive Management
- Business areas, Group functions
- Business units, distribution centers, production units, sales areas, sales units
This block outlines how the Sandvik Group is led and governed. The Board of Directors, elected at the Shareholders’ Meeting, sets the strategic direction for the Group. The President carries this out through the Group Executive Management whose members manage and oversee the operations of the Group. The main operational responsibility in the Group lies with the business areas and divisions, with Group functions responsible for functional policies and processes supporting the business.
The Sandvik Way is implemented in the respective business areas, with additional requirements cascaded down in the operational structure of each business area.
- Sandvik strategy, Risk management
- Objectives and Key Results, Policies and procedures
- Finance forecasting and scenario planning
- External reporting
- Performance management, Compliance and Speak Up
- Internal control
- Internal audit, External audit
The detailed controls and risk frameworks common across the Group are detailed in this part. This includes many aspects such as strategy and risk management, policies, financial forecasting and scenario planning, as well as compliance, internal controls and audit. Performance management, controls and continuous improvements provide a solid basis for our ways of working.
3. Corporate culture
- Core values
- Code of Conduct
- Leadership Model
This block sets the foundation for how we all shape our culture in the company and enable a customer-oriented and responsible business. Our operational controls and risk frameworks are underpinned by the ambitions and requirements of our purpose, core values, Code of Conduct and leadership model.
The Sandvik Group’s business strategy, business model and the 2030 Sustainability Goals form the basis for the company’s sustainable business governance. Relevant goals are set to address material areas and efficiently manage related risks and opportunities. Policies and management systems have been set to ensure financial, environmental and social compliance.
The Sandvik Board of Directors, has the overall responsibility for sustainability within Sandvik, monitored by the Audit Committee. The Group Executive Management has the overall responsibility for Sandvik’s sustainability strategy and agenda while the business areas and divisions are responsible for the implementation and follow-up. The Communications and Sustainability function is responsible for the coordination within the Group. The business areas are also responsible for the assessment and management of sustainability risks in their operations. KPIs are consolidated and reported to follow up on goals at Group and business area levels. Each year we evaluate our performance, and set targets and focus actions for the coming year.
The Sustainability Council is a forum for cooperation and best practice sharing across Sandvik. The Council is comprised of representatives from the business areas and group functions. The Sustainable Business function coordinates the sustainability agenda together with the business areas.