Sandvik Mining & Rock, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Packaging Specialist for our 2nd Shift (10:00AM-6:30PM) Quality team out of our Chicago Warehouse operations.
As the Packaging Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing all of the inbound and outbound product packages, both inbound and outbound.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Packaging product adequately to prevent damage in a timely manner.
- Responsible for updating system with any new footprints and rules for products
- Oversee and support employees to ensure parts are packed to prevent damage.
- Perform routine clerical assignments including receiving and answering emails, filing invoices and maintaining records.
- May perform other duties and participate in other projects as required by the department.
- Leads small task teams in the warehouse to achieve the daily outcomes required. This includes:
- Allocation of responsibilities to individual team members
- Provision of backup support to all team members as required
- Provision of on the job coaching and guidance as and when necessary
- Answering technical queries of team members as required
Experience and Required Competencies
- Six months warehousing and inventory experience. Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory
completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of warehouse or plant systems, processes and procedures.
- Must be able to drive reach truck and stand up MHE
- Good written and verbal communication skills to communicate with associates/customers.
- Ability to work specific shift, knowledge of commonly-used concepts’, practices and procedures, read, understand and follow directions/instructions/work procedures/safety rules, operate various office equipment as needed, perform simple math calculations, operate basic document and spreadsheet software.
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
Experience in Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment. A valid Forklift Operator License, good administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Packaging Specialist position.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set