Buyer - Inbound Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Location: Romeoville, IL
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The responsibilities include the day to day operational buying activities and driving supplier performance for the respective supplier base with focus on inventory management and working capital. Expectations focus on making and implementing sound business decisions based on available data. The selected incumbent will work in a team of buyers who each are responsible for strong internal relationships with sourcing, engineering and customer service teams and external relationships with their supplier network.
- Manage and maintain excellent relationships with the suppliers in your portfolio
- Ensure agreed performance targets are met including on-time delivery and lead-time accuracy
- Proactively engage with suppliers to deliver improvement initiatives focused on availability and lead time
- Conduct regular business review meetings and agree corrective actions if required
- Ensure that the operational buying tasks are performed in a timely manner. End to end responsibility including PO placement, PO tracking from order to receipt, expediting urgent orders, resolving invoice discrepancies, data integrity maintenance and responding to sales region queries
- Responsible for system maintenance including lead time and supplier details
- Improve availability and reduce lead time through accurate and timely forecasting
- Design and implement inventory reduction initiatives such as vendor managed inventory
- Support supply chain improvement projects and work closely with other departments as needed
- Understand and improve the customer experience by driving improvements in the order fulfillment rate
- Ensure that the supplier portfolio is optimized: eliminate dormant suppliers, rationalize the active supply base
- Other tasks as required
Safety and Environment:
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Required Skills and Education
- Post- secondary education, college or university with a focus on Supply Chain or Purchasing Management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related supply chain role
- Strong knowledge of Logistics Systems and Supply Chain Management, and have a deep understanding of purchasing, planning and inventory control
- Experience in supplier management and inventory planning
- Previous experience utilizing an ERP system and business management tools
- Advanced level Excel and Data Analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- General knowledge of OEM Aftermarket business is an asset
- Ability to travel globally if required
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/career referencing opening #R0024016.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Jun 30