Parts Planner (Supply Planner)
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Smyrna, GA is looking for a
Parts Planner Demand Forecasting (Supply Planner)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is looking for a Supply Planner to join the team. The Supply Planner works closely with Customers, Sales, and Logistics organizations to ensure execution of parts availability plans in line with Customers’ needs and Parts and Services Division measures.
Key performance areas
The parts planner will identify, communicate, and proactively manager potential parts availability gaps or risk. They will also build and manage the forecast for major components in collaboration with Customer, Sales and Contract teams.
Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Work closely with Parts Sales Support Representatives (PSSR), Contracts Administrators and Parts & Services Product Champion, to recommend and develop innovative parts availability solutions to deliver better service for Customers need while increasing revenues and margins
- Support to build relationship and trust with the Customers Purchasing, Operations & Maintenance departments
- Support day-to-day sales & operations activities, helping on the resolution of conflicts between different stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and proactively manage potential parts availability gaps or risk
- Monitoring machine down orders and perform root/cause analysis for improvements opportunities
- Identify consumables items, run-to-failure (RTF) parts and major components for all active fleet in collaboration with Customers and Sales
- Promote and secure a reliable on-time supply for forecasted items (or Preventive Maintenance plans)
- Define customized inventory strategies considering service levels and cost for consumable items, RTF and major components
- Reviews customer returns and determines acceptability in conjunction with company return policies
- Responsible for consignment inventory planning (if required)
- Ownership of metrics, such as on-time delivery, fill rate, inventory on-hand, obsolete inventory for specifics Customers
- Provide custom weekly/monthly/quarterly progress reports to Customers under the responsibility
- Provide management on a regular bases actual and projected supply, demand and inventory updates
- Responsible for measuring and driving continual supply network improvements for customer under the responsibility
- Work with Logistics Operations to identify opportunities for improvement related to customer satisfaction and cost efficiency
- Participates in inventory planning projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates from a mining or similar operation within maintenance planning would have a great advantage (Especially preventative maintenance scheduling)
You possess a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience in a similar role (required). Three (3) – Five (5) years practical experience in Operations, preferably exposure to the supply of parts and consumables in the mining and construction industry. Core focus is actual parts consumption prediction and planning to support optimal production output for our customers and prevent any downtime on equipment
Additional skills required:
- Good data analysis, reporting and communication skills
- Computer literacy is essential, with exposure to ERP systems
- Drive, determination, and flexibility to achieve targets and goals
- Superior customer relations skills
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Power BI/Python and other related data analytic skills also an advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Parts Planner Demand Forecasting (Supply Planner) position, Job Req. ID# R0028890.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set