Warehouse Technician - Fairbanks, Alaska
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Fairbanks, Alaska is looking for a
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Warehouse Technician in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Key performance areas
The Warehouse Technician is responsible the shipment, receipt and distribution of materials in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with shipping and receiving, unloads trucks, checks in materials and stores in appropriate location
- Files appropriate documentation
- Processes sales orders and invoices in accordance with company process
- Updates and maintains warehouse location system
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventory
- Prepares export documentation as required
- Maintains shipping supplies inventory
- Arranges shipping/transport
- Accepts/rejects vendor inventory transactions
- Builds sound relationships with the workshop team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations
- Participates in customer on-call service as requires
- Expedites urgent orders to ensure customer receives when needed
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager for Northern Alaska
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses
- Maintains orderly warehouse and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Completes trade school coursework to gain relevant certification
Position Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
You possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum 6 months related experience.
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Warehouse Technician position, Job Req. ID# R0028358.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set