Supply Chain Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Bethel, Connecticut
- Job-ID: R0014298
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Kanthal in Bethel, CT is looking for a Site Supply Chain Manager
If you have a proven background and experience in an industrial metal fabrication production environment and want to take your career to the next level with a global leader, we want to hear from you!
Kanthal is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into four product areas: Tube, Strip, Wire and Heating Technology - and Primary Products.
Key performance area
This position is responsible for the overall management of Direct Raw Materials Purchasing, Planning, Scheduling, Logistics and Inventory Management functions and the personnel supporting these functions at the Operating Unit.
Additionally, the Site Supply Chain Manager will:
- Manage procurement of all raw materials both internally and externally purchased. Including maintaining a strong working relationship with Primary in Halstahammer.
- Responsible for all capacity planning, production planning/scheduling activities, inventory and overall materials management.
- Responsibility for Inventory management includes management of the inventory program in the ERP, consignment stock management at customers, reporting, that support the overall needs of the business.
- Manage the testing and the shipping team to ensure time bound and accurate processing of inbound and out bound shipments.
- Maintain effective relationship with supervised employees. Develop/Motivate the team so that individuals in the team perform at the highest level while abiding by company rules and regulations and performance expectations.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules and environmental regulations within the department.
- Work in close coordination with the site stake holders to ensure effective communication of customer needs and resolution of issues to consistently ensure the supply chain operates at a high service level.
- Manage & complete other tasks or projects as required by management.
Inventory Management, Forecasting, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Operations, Business Acumen, Planning Tactical and Strategic, Decision Making and Critical Thinking, Managing Multiple priorities, Employee/Team Management
Minimum of 5 years related experience, including at least 3 years in production/inventory control, materials purchasing and general supply chain responsibilities and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience. MRP type systems and Microsoft Office software computer knowledge is required, supervisory / management experience also required.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Supply Chain Manager position, Job Req. ID# R0014298.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set