Outbound Planner - North America
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are currently looking for an Outbound Planner working out of either Smyrna, GA or Romeoville, IL.
The Outbound Planner manages all activities for the customer. This includes customer order flow, and all other issues and requests from the Sales Area. The role is also the customer facing role for the frontline regions and is responsible for customer analysis and performance.
What you will do:
- Daily release of customer orders and include the management of auto, mass and manual release orders.
- Daily review of suspended orders.
- Execute the cancellation of orders based on customer requests, superseded items, etc.
- Work actively with Inventory, Warehouse, and Freight teams to ensure an efficient flow of customer orders within the Core Network
- Interface with Order Desk, Customer Services Centers, and front line Sales Staff to ensure expected customer service.
- Monitoring of Outstanding Sales Orders in the interface between Logistics Operations and the Sales Area.
- Resolve order issues like incorrect addresses, shipping instructions, etc.
- Resolve any allocation problems on a daily basis, specifically suspended orders or cycle count problems.
- Daily review and resolution of outstanding orders where source change has to be done, where it is linked to PO or DRP, or where an order needs to be placed.
- Weekly review of “Hold till complete” orders, where inventory has become available or where new PO or DRP has to be created.
Logistics Process and Support (LPS):
- Review and resolve LPS tickets relating to expediting orders, shipment discrepancy etc. on a daily basis.
- Review Unit Down Orders and expedite accordingly on a daily basis.
- Tracking of all LPS for timely and quality resolution.
- Daily resolution of Sales orders that did not generate Purchase Orders in System 21.
- Quarterly review and maintenance of Customer Masters
- Weekly communication with internal/external customers regarding progress on all open orders.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Order processing, Distribution, Supply Chain and Customer Service
- Experience managing internal and/or external customer accounts
- Good working knowledge of International Trade and Freight process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior exposure to Aurora, DI, and PowerBi is an advantage.
- Experience in interacting with Logistics Service Providers.
- Experience with a Transport Management System desirable.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set