- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0021367
- Job category: Sourcing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Are you a Sourcing Engineer who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have sourcing experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Sourcing Engineer functions as a strategic sourcing engineer professional focused on the direct spend of ‘metals’-based commodities, and others as needed. Working with the local Sourcing and Engineering units to ensure optimal sourcing support for providing material cost reductions recommendations related to first article pricing, design change for improved manufacturability efficiencies and material quality.
Additionally, the Sourcing Engineer will:
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits. Ensure all hazardous materials are handled properly and in accordance with regulations
- Develops and implements key initiatives to support the category strategic objectives
- Coordinates and participates in cross functional reviews for specific projects or suppliers within the production unit
- Maintains the production unit’s category portfolio
- Prepares sourcing analysis and drives negotiation for given suppliers
- Develops and implements key projects under the supervision of the Sourcing Manager to achieve strategic initiatives.
- Ensures that the production unit’s business needs are well addressed by working with the Sandvik Quality Engineering and Quality teams
- Follows supply market development and trends
- Drives supply base rationalization and consolidation
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System. Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 1800:2007) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
You possess minimum of (5) years’ experience sourcing metal fabrication; specifically, this position is seeking expertise with machining (screw machining, milling, turning), sheet metal stamping, casting & forging, heavy gauge metal fabrication, and large mechanical assemblies (low volume, highly complex, high cost)
You also possess:
- Direct material sourcing & procurement experience utilizing global supply chains for products/components generally comprised of metal (steel, copper, brass, aluminum, and specialty)
- Ability to map supply chains and overcome obstacles, both internal and external, by presenting facts to support projects' value to the business. Work with internal stakeholders to overcome objections
- Strong background in building strategic relationships with suppliers and internal customers or stakeholders
- Ability to work without close supervision; self-directed
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Sourcing Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0021367
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set