Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Are you a Sourcing Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Sourcing experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for ensuring the company’s supply chain remains in alignment with the needs of the company. This role supports the overall strategic direction associated within assigned commodity responsibility and directly supports local production. In this role, you will be responsible for proactively assisting in the development of sourcing strategies that are aligned with business and program needs, and then drive execution of those strategies while ensuring quality, delivery, capacity and cost targets will meet or exceed expectations.
Additionally, the Sourcing Specialist will:
- Develop and implement key initiatives to support the category strategic objectives.
- Manage new and/or existing supplier relationships with international, multi-tier, or highly technical suppliers.
- Prepare scope of work (SOW) and associated bid packages for commodity analysis.
- Solicit bids and perform comparative and competitive analysis. Evaluate price, commodity, and/or market trends to identify risks or opportunities Prepare and present contract recommendations.
- Identify emerging technology and/or sources to proactively reduce total costs while optimizing business performance (Total Cost of Ownership, Inventory Management, Capacity Analysis, Risk Mitigation).
- Develop and manage Supply Agreements for critical or high-risk supply channels.
- Participate in meetings with internal and external customers to understand project requirements and timelines.
- Serve as a member of the New Product Introduction teams (NPI) responsible for supplier evaluation and selection (commercial feasibility) to align with critical program timing milestones.
- Engage Engineering and Suppliers on ESI (early supplier involvement) opportunities for NPI activity; ensure optimal component design which will include recommendations related to first article pricing, input for improved manufacturability efficiencies and material quality.
- Liaison between Supplier, Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering – problem solving related to drawings, quality issues, new projects, innovation and best practice methods.
- Escalate and help to resolve issues with supplier payments resulting in Credit Hold situations.
- Initiate conversation with Suppliers regarding Supply Chain Financing. Provide any assistance needed, from Alachua, until program is finalized between Supplier and Citibank.
- Drive supply base rationalization and consolidation.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Complying with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meeting objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management system (IMS). Demonstrating respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 1800:2007) and taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
Minimum five (5) years professional related work experience including previous material sourcing and procurement experience utilizing global and domestic supply chains for products/components. Bachelors or advanced degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Sourcing Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0021367
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set