Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Are you a Sourcing Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Sourcing experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions to speak with you!
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
Key Performance Areas
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for ensuring the company’s supply chain remains in alignment with the needs of the company. This role supports the overall strategic direction associated within assigned commodity responsibility and directly supports local production. In this role, you will be responsible for proactively assisting in the development of sourcing strategies that are aligned with business and program needs, and then drive execution of those strategies while ensuring quality, delivery, capacity and cost targets are met or exceed expectations.
- Ability to read drawings for large structural parts. Understand fabrication, welding and machining manufacturing processes and procedures
- Commodity experience with “steel/metals’-based commodities:
- Large mechanical assemblies (low volume, highly complex, high cost)
- Large structural steel fabrications (2,000 to 3,500 hours of Fab production time)
- Heavy gauge sheet metal fabrications
- Machined components / Castings & Forging
- Understanding of associated production tooling
- Experience with “Should Cost” modeling software a strong plus
- Knowledgeable with Weld Testing and Inspection Techniques a strong plus
- Ultrasonic / Phased Array
- Magnetic Particle
- X-Ray / Radiography
- Liquid Penetrants
- Develop and implement key initiatives to support the category strategic objectives
- Develop and manage Supply Agreements for critical or high-risk supply channels
- Prepare scope of work (SOW) and associated bid packages for commodity analysis; solicit bids and present contract recommendations
- Solicit bids and perform comparative and competitive analysis. Evaluate price, commodity, and/or market trends to identify risks or opportunities Prepare and present contract recommendations
- Identify emerging technology and/or sources to proactively reduce total costs while optimizing business performance and manage supplier relationships
- Develop and manage Supply Agreements for critical or high-risk supply channels.
- Serve as a member of the New Product Introduction (NPI) and engage Engineering and Suppliers on ESI (early supplier involvement)
- Liaison between Supplier, Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering – problem solving related to drawings, quality issues, new projects, innovation, and best practice methods
- Drive supply base rationalization and consolidation
- Complying with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements, and meeting objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management system (IMS). Demonstrating respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 1800:2007) and taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
Minimum five (5) years professional related work experience including previous material sourcing and procurement experience utilizing global and domestic supply chains for products/components. Bachelors or advanced degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience. ISM CPSM and/or APICS CPIM or CSCP certification strongly preferred. LSSGB. Experience with manufacturing processes to enable success in sourcing product such as electrical, hydraulics, steel fabrication and machined components. Ability to read and understand CAD drawings. You possess strong negotiating skills and have a thorough understanding of strategic and sourcing category techniques. Must be able to legally work in the USA and travel up to 30%.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Sourcing Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0021367.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set