Service Technician (S2)
Sandvik Mining & Construction is looking for a
Service Technician based in Portlaoise. Co. Laois, Ireland
EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL EXPERTS WITH A PASSION TO IMPROVE? WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
We are now looking for a Service Technician (S2) to join the team in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
As Service Technician you prepare and execute equipment maintenance, servicing and repairing tasks based on customer and company needs – you will independently and cost effectively evaluate, troubleshoot and repair the customers’ equipment. You are responsible for preparing new equipment prior to delivery, repairing equipment and components in the workshop premises and ability and flexibility to work at and from customer sites on occasions on various tasks and roles. Any specialised training with be provided by Sandvik on any of these specialised tasks. Problem solving by using of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in different kinds of situations. Knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and prospective customers. You will report on maintenance and servicing work and will actively process feedback. Furthermore, considering and taking actions with environmental and safety aspects will be part of your role.
- Provide pre-sales and/or post-sales technical support to customers including commissioning, installing, testing, and maintaining products, equipment, and systems.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, resolve and develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment's upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Monitor and resolve recurring more complex problems to ensure ongoing customer
- Assist management to maintain ongoing positive relationships with customers to develop secure and develop their future business.
- Train customers on the features of the equipment they have purchased as required
- Install, repair, inspect and commission products and equipment of different kind at customer site or own premises.
- Report and document results after above actions.
- Responsible to maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements.
- Provide technical support to the sales team.
- Provide problem solving to customer.
- Ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Share own knowledge to enable colleagues to expand their knowledge and be a team player
- Coverage of personnel on vacation who are involved in on site Sandvik Rocktools contract
- Team development will be a pivotal part of the role
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunnelling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. Sales were approximately 45 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland
Reporting to: The Technical Support and Service Lead
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@sandvik.com.
The closing date for applications is 20th October 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: Oct 20