Engineer - Parts & Service, Territory Middle East
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions are a leading supplier of equipment and tools, service, support and technical solutions for the mining industry and niches such as quarrying, tunnelling, demolition, dimensional stone, recycling and civil engineering industry. With customers demanding ever greater productivity to ensure profitability, we provide the cutting-edge solutions needed to succeed.
Our strength is to deliver best-in-class equipment and solutions that meet and exceed customer safety and productivity needs.
Sandvik Middle East us looking for an Engineer – Parts and Service for SUDEX/DRRI/LOHA/UGMC for Territory Middle East, part of SMR Sales Area Southern Europe and Middle East.
As an Engineer – Parts and Service you are responsible for developing the sale of parts and supporting Dealers and Customers in the service, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Sandvik SUDEX/DRRI/LOHA/UGMC equipment. A key focus area is training of Dealer and Customer Service Teams.
This position will be based in Dubai, UAE.
Your key responsibilities will include the below:
Health and Safety
- Develop routine work procedures (utilizing the tools provided), according to safety standards. Promote the sale of consumables and spare & wear parts for SUDEX/DRRI/LOHA/UGMC equipment.
- Develop sales opportunities in the customer services business with a view to increase business volume and market share.
- Continuously improve and update personal knowledge with respect to:
- Product development and technical innovation
- Dealers, customers, business and trends within the territory
- Develop and maintain a strong Sandvik relationship to dealers and customers
Maintenance and Repair Support
- Install, repair, inspect and commission products and equipment at customer site or own premises independently.
- Conduct problem solving and analysis of non-standard problems by using a variety of approaches, tools and techniques for recognizing operational or process problems and determine the appropriate approach.
- Conduct advanced and specialized repairs and inspections of products and equipment at customer site or own premises.
- Determine the best approach considering energy efficiency, environmental impact and maintenance costs when providing customer support.
- Complete analysis of failed product and report on any abnormalities to the relevant party (e.g. Product Support and Sales Technician).
- Perform troubleshooting independently for non-standard and complex maintenance and repair or commissioning issues.
- Able to operate equipment proficiently and to test the functioning of customer equipment.
- Carry out dealer and customer training in sales, equipment operation, service and maintenance
- Assist customer service and warranty handling with technical support
Customer Support and Advise
- Support the customer’s product / equipment / processes by advising on possible improvements to more advanced technical solutions and products.
- Use deep knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures in providing technical support to the sales team and customers.
- Perform adjustments of systems for client equipment.
- Conduct product launching and testing for client commissioning services.
Planning and Reporting
- Provide analysis, reports and supporting documentation for customer invoicing Plan for, conduct and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Report on installation, maintenance and repair work and make recommendations to improve processes or advise customer based on observations.
Your skills and qualifications
We are looking for someone with a background in the Parts sales, maintenance and service of construction equipment and having at least 7 years experience in this area.
You will need to travel extensively for this role within Middle Eastern countries with overnight stays. You must have a flexible approach to working hours and overtime, to suit the customer/business needs.
You hold a University Degree/Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or in an equivalent field or hold relevant technical experience. You have solid product knowledge, trouble shooting and problem solving experience within Surface Drills and Rotary Drilling equipment - DX, DI, Dpi Series. You are experienced in Customer Service and Sales.
Key performance areas include putting safety first, considering and taking responsible actions with environmental health and safety aspects. You will be involved in commissioning new equipment and introducing customers to equipment technology and application. You have the ability to work independently and cost effectively to evaluate, troubleshoot and repair the customers’ equipment as well as promote the sales of spare and wear parts, consumables and equipment. You will ensure communication and reporting on maintenance and service work are carried out, producing descriptive and professional feedback alongside communicating customer needs to ensure further Customer Services and Equipment sales.
An ability to work independently is a must, coupled with confidence in dealing with customers.
You possess strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Fluency in a second language will be considered a plus.
If you wish to add a cover letter to your application, please make sure to attach the file when uploading your resume. Please submit your application no later than 2 August 2021.
Deadline: Aug 2