Technical Sales Representative
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Technical Sales Representative – Canning Vale (Magnet Road)
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Successful Candidate will drive sales for our Underground Load & Haul division by bringing the best of Sandvik’s offering to meet a given customer requirement and deliver on business lines profitability and sales targets. Promote fact-based value for Sandvik’s offering and TCO approach to drive customer value while actively developing current and seek new customer’s to Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for achievement of budgeted revenue and price quality for Load & Haul
- Develop a Sales plan and strategies for designated territory and/or set of customers
- Develop sales opportunities for UG Load & Haul within the defined territory or set of customers
- When required work as part of the account management team for local or global accounts to identify customer sales opportunities.
- Ensure equipment or solution is specified to meet the customer’s application requirements
- Liaise between Customers and Sandvik to ensure all issues are settled in a timely manner,
- Provide the Company with regular status reports on business activities, opportunity development and overall satisfaction of the Customers base (CRM),
- Provide the Company with updated information relating to Equipment Population employed at both customers and non-customer’s sites,
- Ensure CRM/ sales Tools is up to date with valid cases and customer visit reports,
- Create Sales Tools Case and update Sales Tools to won/ loss status
- Coordinate the customer support together with technical support teams, parts, and service organization
- Ensure Customer complies with Sandvik terms and conditions of sale and execute sale contracts
We are looking for an independent, efficient, adaptable, proactive, commercially minded and astute individual with either a relevant trade qualification or degree and proven successful sales experience or a keen willingness to learn value sales techniques under the Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Training Program.
An in depth understanding of customer business processes, with at least 5 years’ active involvement with Underground mining operations and Demonstrated technical product knowledge of UG Load & Haul is an advantage.
Additionally, you have excellent interpersonal skills, are able to build trust and establish respectful working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, by clearly communicating verbally and in writing, appropriately debating difficult issues and by being a quick thinker.
You have demonstrated capacity to work in team environments, strong computer skills including advanced experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and excellent presentation skills (both physical and electronic).
You are willing and able to lead across differing geographies and cultures. You must be willing and able to manage your time effectively, prioritize without micro-management with well-developed understanding of the mining industry and associated equipment would be essential.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical & Travel. A Current C Class Driver’s License is essential.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 01-07-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Jun 30