- Deadline: 14 May
- Country: Australia
- Location: Perth WA, Western Australia
- Job-ID: R0022574
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
We are currently inviting all applications for a Service Technician position based in Canning Vale. The role will be responsible for carrying out mechanical duties, repairs and maintenance, fault diagnosis, pre-deliveries, rebuilds and general workshop duties. As well as this, the Service Technician will also assist with Field Service responsibilities as required.
Key performance areas
- To perform work in a safe manner in a team environment
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and fault diagnostic work on heavy duty plant equipment as per the appropriate site policies
- Perform electrical (low voltage) and welding duties as directed
- Perform repair and fault finding using hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity
- Carry out job safety audits, workshop inspections and daily Take 5s
- Work towards achieving set KPI's
- Adhere to all Sandvik EHS and environmental policies and procedures
- Carry out work in accordance to set budgets and time frames
- Commissioning of new units
- Involved in new product implementation and feed back
- Carry out detailed audits on customer machines
- Actively promote the company and the sale of spare parts
- Good written, reporting and investigation skills
- Ensure adherence to site and company regulation for all work performed
- Report unsafe facilities and practices to the Workshop Supervisor/Workshop Manager
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion
- Travel for field service work, when required
- Qualifications in a mechanical trade
- Min 2 years’ experience mining industry either underground or surface
- Underground hard rock experience with Sandvik equipment preferable or surface experience with Sandvik or competitor equipment would be an advantage
- Strong customer service focus and motivation and determination to achieve targets and goals
- You will be proactive, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Strong and proven safety culture
- Must have a ‘Positive Can do’ attitude
- Must be prepared to work underground
- Able to work various shifts
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and time management skills
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunnelling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2018, the Group had approximately 42,000 employees and sales of 100 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 14 May