Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0021241
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Location: Kirkland Lake/Timmins
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we have an opening for a Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Field Service Technician) located in the Kirkland Lake/Timmins area .
The Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic will be responsible for:
- Inspecting Sandvik Mining equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications
- Commissioning new equipment
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Performing other duties as assigned
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (or equivalent) certification is mandatory
- 5 years’ related experience with mining equipment
- Previous experience with Sandvik Mining equipment would be considered an asset
- Excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues with mining equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic requisition #R0021241 . We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set