- Deadline: Not set
- Country: China
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai
- Job-ID: R0006169
- Job category: Engineering
Position: Machining Application Specialist
Location: Flexible 可根据候选人居住地来定
Maintain and operate Machine Tools assigned to Engineering Project Office where located for demonstration and application support. To contribute with key knowledge of CAM and application solutions for customer components to secure new business and for Sandvik Coromant to be perceived as an industry authority with state of the art technical solutions.
- Perform CAM - programming and machining validation in customer projects
- Perform CAM & application solutions on selected features or complete customer or generic components
- Work closely with Sales, Machine Tool Solution, Strategic and Global Account, and Product & Industry Segment to gather background data of project parameters and communicating project solution with customer
- Verify customer leads and assist/prepare offers/quotations to contribute to the business development.
- Maintain and operate Machine Tools assigned to Engineering Project Office where located for demonstration and application support.
- Perform run-off support at customer site including problem solving in order to secure a high-level machining process
- Support in high level application solution trainings
- Support GEPO-Manager and Project Engineers with CAM and application knowledge
- Lives the Sandvik Core Values, acts with integrity, builds trust, leads by examples, and keeps confidences.
- Lives the Safety-First culture
- Conducts business in an ethical manner, in compliance with Sandvik anti-corruption policy.
- 3+ years’ experience in metal cutting industry, machine tool maker or cutting tooling company.
- Sales oriented, and service minded
- Rich experience in project documentation, presentation, and communication skills
- Rich experience in component fixturing, machine tool operation, and ISO G-Code programming
- Rich experience in manufacturing, metal cutting knowledge, and application solutions
- Rich experience in minimum one midrange CAM software.
- Good experience in project management, including planning and controlling.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Basic English is required;
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience/education.
Traveling is required (up to 25% of working time), both domestic and international