Product Specialist, Automation
- Deadline: 21 Oct
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0014286
- Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is seeking a
PRODUCT SPECIALIST - AUTOMATION
Location: Canada Flexible
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Product Specialist - Automation is responsible for providing quality technical support and for developing the technical competencies of the customer and internal personnel. The role is product focused and concentrates on providing guidance and advice on the implementation and strategies for the product range.
- Develops and organizes product training for sales and service personnel for the respective products.
- Provides technical training to the service network and customer base on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Provides technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel.
- Provides feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
- Provides assistance in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and engineering machine improvements.
- Review spare parts recommendations and develops accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC).
- Investigates warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories.
- Monitor test results for new products to implement improvement of the product.
- Assists factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Works with our customer to develop comprehensive system project plans, project schedules and commissioning activities.
- Performs equipment installations, project commissioning and product demonstrations in a safe and proactive manner.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to resolve issues.
- Assists customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings.
- Develop customer relationships to ensure customers have a positive experience and remain loyal to the Sandvik brand.
- Visits customers to provide in depth product knowledge. This may include development of direct customer relationships with key clients.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility
- Two-year Technical Degree in an electrical discipline or equivalent.
- Training in key aspects of technical trades.
- 7 years’ Technical experience.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset (French & English) oral, written
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others.
- Flexible, self-motivated and drive to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Knowledge of customer’s industry.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- The role will require working underground.
- Ability to travel is essential.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits and ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Sandvik is committed to f
ostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Product Specialist - Automation job opening #R0014286. We thank all applicants, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.