Tool Maker/ Manual Area Operator
Sandvik Coromant is looking for a
Toolmaker/Manual Area Operator
Location: Mebane, NC
Sandvik Coromant is part of the global Sandvik engineering family of companies and is at the forefront of manufacturing tools, machining solutions, and knowledge that drive industry standards and innovations. Educational support, extensive R&D investment and strong customer partnerships ensure the development of machining technologies that change, lead, and drive the future of manufacturing.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated Toolmaker to join our team!
Key performance areas
Responsible for set up and operation of Bridgeport Mills, Surface Grinders, OD / ID Grinders CNC Grinder, Mori vertical mill and EDM equipment to ensure the manufacturing of high-quality parts and tools without defects.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up, operate, and maintain manual equipment to perform machining to meet key performance indicators.
- Perform in-process inspections to produce product in compliance within production guidelines to ensure safety, quality, health and environmental procedures are followed.
- Make major adjustments to CNC programs and set-ups as required and work with Engineering to develop best machining programming techniques and tooling selection as required, document and report any and all adjustments/corrections.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instruction, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches.
- Use of surface grinders, Bridgeport type mills, EDM machines OD/ID grinders, CNC Grinder, rotary grinders, and Mori vertical mill for manual machine operations.
- Responsible for safety checks and operation of multiple production machines.
- Use of manufacturing reporting systems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process plans.
- Must demonstrate good eye-hand coordination and agility.
- Being self-directed and working in team environments is expected.
- Positions may be requested to work weekend or off shift scheduling to meet business needs.
You possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree or Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School preferred. We believe you will have a minimum of 10 years of manual tooling experience. Experience with machining and cutting operations required. Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing preferred. Domestic/Global travel may be required. Schedule will vary according to department needs; overtime work may be requested.
More about Sandvik
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. As we see it, sustainable success is a team effort and working together and sharing expertise are vital to us, which is why we highly value our active, ongoing collaboration with customers around the world. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3,100 patents worldwide, employs over 7,900 staff, and is represented in 150 countries.
Our national headquarters and primary production unit is in Mebane, NC. Renovated in 2021, the facility houses nearly 60,000 square feet of production space with over 100 employees.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, mental health coaching, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply to the Toolmaker/Manual Area Operator position, Job ID: R0053230
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set