CNC Operator - 2nd Shift
Sandvik Coromant – Dura Mill is looking for a
CNC Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated CNC Machine Operator to join our team!
Key performance areas
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and optimizes CNC grinding machine setups.
- Maximizing utilization of all machines in group by supporting others as needed
- Reading blueprints and checking part dimensions with appropriate measuring instruments
- Make machine adjustments as required to maintain part quality
- Accurately use measuring tools and proactively checking for proper calibration
- Accurately performs inspections to document part conformity
- Observing all safety practices and procedures – performing preventative maintenance and keeping machines lubricated
- Following strict safety procedures and maintaining a neat and orderly workstation
- Production oriented, capable of producing high volumes of parts with exceptional quality
- Meeting production schedules as assigned to the work area / machine
- Meeting training plan assigned for development based on product mix, machines and methods implemented in Engineered Tools shop floor
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process plans.
- Must be fluent in G & M code and prove out first run programs daily.
- Must demonstrate good eye-hand coordination and agility.
- Being self-directed and working in team environments is expected.
- Positions will require weekend or off shift scheduling to meet business needs.
- You possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree or Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of CNC milling experience.
- Experience with machining and cutting operations required.
- Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing preferred.
- Domestic/Global travel may be required.
- Schedule will vary according to department needs; weekend work may be required.
- Eager and self-motivated learner and can work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to details with a strong visual acuity
- Ability to read drawing blue prints and be detail oriented
- Experienced in the use of various measuring gauges and equipment
- History of demonstrating positive attitude to colleagues and work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik./career to the CNC Machine Operator position, Job ID: R0034842.
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set