Reconditioning Technician (Bit-Tech)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Rock Tools Reconditioning Technician
Location: Timmins, Ontario
7 days on-7 days off, 12 hours a day
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Rock Tools Reconditioning Technician in the Timmins, ON area. The Rock Tools Reconditioning Technician is an entry-level position responsible for pick-up, delivery and shipment of bits to customer mine sites as well as sharpening and reconditioning Sandvik Rock Tools. This “no experience necessary” role is the starting point to an exciting career into the mining industry.
Do you have a willingness to develop new skills to advance? Do you have very little experience but want to start a career in the mining industry? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Delivery, pick-up and shipment of Rock Tool bits to customer mine sites
- Ensuring parts and stocks are entered into the company data base
- Maintaining bit reconditioning report log
- Sharpening and reconditioning of Sandvik Rock Tools
- Troubleshooting and providing technical recommendations and improvements to Supervisor
- Assisting in training of customers and Sandvik employees as required
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports and failure reports
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Completion of Secondary School (High school)
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to work with Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license required
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our Divisions’ performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Reconditioning Technician position, requisition #R0051777; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace, and we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations or gender identities/expressions.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs; therefore, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact commonHR.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Deadline: Mar 30