Service Support Supervisor
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Service Support Supervisor – Underground & Surface – Mount ISA
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the safety of personnel, the delivery of value to our clients and the profitability of the Service Contract business. It will entail managing the activities of personnel and trades people who are involved in site-based service contracts and will include liaison with various internal and external stakeholders and responsibility the delivery of service contract execution.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times. This role is a residential role.
Areas of responsibility
- Participate in Service Contract operational meetings to remain abreast of contract issues and to observe and drive commercial compliance.
- Liaise with Contract Specialist and ensure all contract meeting actions are escalated and completed in a timely manner.
- Be aware of, implement and oversee the execution of contract related requirements, including scope delivery and commercial compliance.
- Assist contract specialist to ensure contract milestones are met, including the implementation of scope variations and escalations.
- Work with site based internal and external stakeholders to aid the management and closure of daily parts and service-related issues and challenges.
- Liaise with service contract Central Planners to support contracted planning activities.
- Attend daily meetings with site-based personnel to provide guidance and to ensure scope delivery requirements are compliant and customer focused.
- Support site-based personnel to liaise with product support teams for items that require review or redesign to improve the product.
- Ensure site-based inventory management is compliant, including stock takes competed at least monthly and reconciliations are facilitated.
- Assist in the review and development of processes and continuous improvement requirements.
- Recruit, train, develop, motivate, and lead team members.
- Flexibility to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements and approvals are as per standards and customer’s requirements.
- Provide an effective communication link between the site-based and staff and the other areas of the business.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports.
This role requires previous supervisory experience in a mechanical workshop/field service environment coupled with trade qualifications in a mechanical discipline (minimum of 5 years post trade experience) and a Certificate IV or Diploma in Business (Front Line Management) would be an advantage.
You will have a strong EHS management culture with a drive and determination to achieve company targets and goals. A positive and proactive outlook with excellent communication skills to ensure customer expectations are achieved. A sound understanding of the mining industry and its business processes, with the ability to work under pressure and a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
You have highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate with customers and the ability to build relationships within the industry. Anticipated travel per year, when required.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. With a Current ‘C’ class drives license.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 13% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Deadline: Dec 10