Product Specialist - S4
- Deadline: 26 Nov
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Musina
- Job-ID: R0022126
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Advanced repairs and inspections of products and equipment of different kind at customer site or own premises.
Report and document results after above actions.
Responsible for plan, conduct and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
Deep knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and customers. Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements to more advanced technical solutions and products.
Take into consideration energy efficiency, environmental impact and maintenance costs when giving customer support.
Provide advanced technical support and advice to the sales team. Ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
Guide and train colleagues in service methods and tools. Share own knowledge to enable colleagues to expand their knowledge.
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Mechanical or electrical trade qualification
- Basic Computer literacy
- English proficiency
- Relevant mechanised mining experience (5 years) Underground/surface mining environment
- Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/construction environment
- Experience or Knowledge with Automation systems and/or SQL or networking advantageous
- Bolter or Drills iSURE Software knowledge
- Mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment maintenance competence in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Basic 5 module LHD’s or Trucks with EPEC control systems
- Basic electronic systems
- Basic LV electric systems
- Mechanical equipment
- Hydraulic systems
- Video display systems
- Advanced electrical systems (low current relays, electronic timers, electrical/electronic overloads and protection devices, solenoids, actuators, proximity devices etc.)
- Experience in CANbus systems will be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in mining environment
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
Applications close: 26 November 2020
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: 26 Nov