Rock Tool Technician
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0019858
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Mobile Rock Tools Technician (based in Sudbury)
Location: Northern Ontario
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Rock Tools Technician is responsible for supporting the rock tools contract by providing guidance in correct usage of tools, management and distribution of products and keeping accurate records of rock tools use and performance.
- Manages rock tool inventory and tracks all new issues, discards and losses
- Delivers tools to all drills and work areas underground
- Utilizes Rock Tools Management System to monitor and report on tools performance
- Troubleshoots and provide technical recommendations and improvements to Supervisor and Sandvik Sales and Service Representatives
- Produces and presents monthly performance reports to customer operations department
- Assists in training of customers and Sandvik employees as required
- Reports occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Builds sound relationships with the rock tools team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by manager.
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly workshop and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adhere to the Sandvik Environmental Health and Safety policy
- Attend Environmental Health and Safety related trainings
- Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task
- Identification and reporting of hazards when relevant
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
- Completion of Secondary School (High school)
- Further technical studies
- Knowledge and experience with industry-specific equipment
- Prior experience in the mining industry is a definite asset
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product reconditioning
- Knowledge of rock drill operation
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and email
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job requisition # R0019858. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set