- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0024586
- Job category: IT & Software Development
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
We are seeking a Facilities/Office Manager who will be responsible for the oversight of building operations, safety elements and building maintenance in partnership will building management, vendors and suppliers. The incumbent will also oversee all office administrative activities and procedures as well as provide some local IT support.
- Act as the first point of contact for staff on facility issues
- Monitor and support building security systems and cameras
- Manage building access cards and office sign in system
- Monitor HVAC online system and lighting control system
- Act as the main point of contact for Janitorial services staff including carpet and floor mat cleaners.
- Oversee vending machine and coffee services
- Maintain gym facilities and external fitness providers as required
- Ensure access points into the building are maintained and safe
- Manage and monitor all administrative activities and reception staff
- Ensure consistent reception coverage and provide back up as necessary
- Maintain office and all supplies, arranging necessary maintenance and placing supply orders as needed
- Assist with reception deliveries
- Manage Shred it pick up and drop offs
- Coordinate Iron Mountain Storage activities
- Provide Help Desk service support (Mississauga facility only) as it relates to the following:
- Printers, Fax Machines and Postage Machine
- Perform LAN room server backups
- Maintain and support local applications (Compleo, ASW and Dayforce)
- Provide security/access to local server file folders
- Provide some technical support in the building of new laptops and rebuilding of older models.
- Maintain voice/data communication lines and equipment.
- Assist with the management of the voicemail system.
Safety and Environment:
- Mandatory JHSC membership
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Proven office management skills
- Experience with Office 365 including all but not limited to Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Adaptable to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Facilities/Office Manager opening #R0024586.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set