Sales Engineer/CAM Programmer - Aerospace
Sandvik Coromant is looking for an Sales Engineer/CAM Programmer – Aerospace in Connecticut.
If you are customer-focused and have a passion for excellence, with a background in the tooling & machining industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you about this exciting Application Engineer opportunity!
**Ideal location of the applicant must be in Connecticut or willing to relocate. **
*** Estimated Overnight Travel will vary depending on the business needs/ situation.
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
The Aerospace Machining Application Engineer collaborates daily with Sandvik Coromant Account Managers, Authorized Distributors, and Customer End Users to identify, prioritize and then lead efforts in applying world class tooling solutions for machining process efficiency and stability. The result being implementation of our solutions and therefore increased business. Additionally, and just as important, this will lead to an increase of ongoing opportunities for process improvements as results are delivered. The Aerospace Application Engineer is required to thrive in a matrix organization, often organizing interactions with specialized functions within the company for competencies needed for more complex CAM/Processing projects and/or specially designed tooling solutions for specific applications. Communication, teamwork, and confident collaboration with all stakeholders are a must to be successful.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Aerospace Machining Application Engineer is expected to deliver recommendations on process creation, process improvements, and overall application of Sandvik Coromant tooling solutions for a wide range of aerospace machining applications. On many occasions, this will require the involvement and coordination of other departments within Sandvik Coromant in order to deliver a complete solution. You not only will be responsible for ensuring Sandvik Coromant products are correctly implemented and applied but will also help customers recognize the value of utilizing Sandvik Coromant tools and technology. You will closely collaborate with Account Managers in customer interactions to present technical presentations of proposed solutions to ensure suitable opportunities are identified and secured for Sandvik Coromant. When these solutions are proven, process improvement results are documented and presented.
Additionally, the Application Specialist will:
- Deliver technical machining solutions and sales support to end-customers. This is done in collaboration with authorized distributors or directly with customers who purchase directly from us
- Coordinate and organize interaction between various technical and/or commercial departments of the company as needed for proper customer support and project completion
- When appropriate, work with selected distribution network to coordinate combined efforts to work on and implement Sandvik Coromant Tooling Solutions
- Prepare tooling solutions, tooling packages, and process improvement proposals for customers
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager and Account Managers to prioritize customer visits and interaction
- Provide new product and service introduction to customers in collaboration with the Account Manager
- Recommend products, services, and tooling solutions appropriate to customer business needs
- Respond to complex technical questions regarding Sandvik Coromant products, systems or services
- Collaborate with Sandvik Coromant Training personnel to coordinate and present technical training to internal employees, external partners such as distributors or machine tool partners, and end-user customers on the features, benefits and application of Sandvik Coromant products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolves technical problems that arise during or after implementation of Sandvik Coromant solutions
- Collaborate with Product Managers on market needs, market trends, and future products and solutions needed to keep up with an evolving market
Way of Working
- You can build effective and long-lasting working relationships with end customers and distributors to secure agreed priorities and sustainable partnerships
- Support Sales activities including analysis of customer technical needs to suggest and implements solutions
- Passionate ambassador for driving new ideas and the latest in machining technology to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and profitable business is gained
- Working within a team that is accountable to each other to ensure new qualified business opportunities are identified and appropriate actions and collaboration takes place to assure successful implementation of Sandvik Coromant solutions in a world class manner
- Document and present solutions and product performance savings to end customer users
- Ensure post-sales activities are completed like resolving any implementation challenges not initially considered
- Work with all appropriate and relevant departments to assure proper implementation of solutions are completed and customer satisfaction is exceeded
- Monitor competitor landscape and alternative solutions that can jeopardize Sandvik Coromant business
Business Development - Support
Develops business plans in collaboration with Regional Sales Managers and Account Managers to ensure market share increases and key product focus within the sales region are achieved in line with financial targets and KPI’s. Work with Account Manager to proactively deliver Customer needs analysis.
- Degree or equivalent experience in CNC machining, programming, and processing - preferably in the Aerospace Industry
- Solid and proven technical experience with applying cutting tools and CNC machining processing
- Strong knowledge of commercial and technical terms and conditions as it relates to CNC machining and manufacturing engineering.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of common CAD/CAM platforms preferably Siemens NX
- Positive overall attitude with a passion for machining and working within a winning team
- Project management knowledge and experience managing external and internal customer relationships is an advantage
- People management experience is an advantage
- Must be a US citizen or permanent card holder.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid for his/her state of primary residence.
- Broad technical knowledge in metal cutting tools and strong competence in area of expertise (Aerospace machining applications)
- Structured and organized business orientated approach to support a diverse and geographically spread team
- Ability to manage customer requests and business issues effectively, capable of leveraging all resources
- Ability to listen to customers and project teams to understand underlying needs and ensure suitable technical solutions are delivered to secure profitable business for Sandvik Coromant
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software programs, e.g., common CAD/CAM platforms preferably Siemens NX
- Familiarity in digital technologies in metalworking (industry 4.0)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Sales Engineer/CAM Programmer - Aerospace, CT position, Job Req # R0052673.
Sandvik Coromant is a part of global industrial engineering group Sandvik and is at the forefront of developing manufacturing tools and machining solutions, with knowledge that drives the industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and in the next industrial era. Collaborations with educational institutions, extensive investment in research and development and strong partnerships with customers support the development of advanced machining technologies and systems that will change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3100 patents worldwide, employs over 8,000 staff, and is represented in 130 countries.
Sandvik Coromant s an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set