Electrical Engineering Supervisor
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR (JOB CODE R0052206)
Deadline: Not set
Country: United States of America
Location: Alachua, Florida
Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Mining & Construction USA, LLC in Alachua, FL is looking for an Electrical Engineering Supervisor (Job Code R0052206)
Your performance areas:
The Electrical Engineering Supervisor position is responsible for designing and developing various electrical systems for heavy-duty drill rig products, including motors, electronic control units, switches, relays, wire harnesses, electronic displays, and lighting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Read, interpret, modify, and generate electrical design schematics to ensure proper installation of electrical systems.
- Ensure all electrical schematics and electrical installation designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and Bill of Materials (BOM) for integration into large-scale, heavy duty mobile mining equipment.
- Perform engineering calculations to substantiate designs and show necessary design details, section views, and dimensions on production drawings.
- Develop component and assembly level engineering drawings for production teams.
- Perform tolerance studies on components and assemblies and develop engineering components and assembly drawings.
- Maintain technical coordination and support Chief Engineers to ensure engineering projects are completed on-time, and that products meet specifications and are fully tested.
- Develop, maintain, and implement design guidelines and strategies to ensure standard practices, training, and design quality.
- Follow the research and development and engineering strategic plan as prioritized by the Engineering Manager.
- Work with Program Logic Controllers (PLCs) including EPEC and IFM PLC for sensor automation, and integration of position sensors, sensors for motion control, vision sensors, safety technology, process sensors, 10-links, identification systems, machine health monitoring, systems for mobile machine, communication technologies, power supplies, and linked accessories.
- Mentor, onboard, train, and manage the workload of Electrical Engineers and Designers.
- Support production teams through hands-on trouble shooting of electrical systems.
- Engage in solution development and product design modifications on various components of the drill rig for product design, spare parts, tools, and related documentation.
- Utilize knowledge of electrical engineering standards for mobile mining equipment product development, including CAD design and drafting, and GD& T.
- Supervise a team of direct reports, which consists of Electrical Engineers and Designers.
- Hire/fire the employees managed.
- Perform personnel evaluations for team members.
- Approve/disapprove time off requests for direct reports.
- Assign tasks to, and manage the workload of direct reports.
- Review electrical drawings and schematics that are produced by direct reports.
- Input into the salary figures for direct reports.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) years of experience as Electrical Engineer.
- The three (3) years of work experience must have involved electric circuit design and programming for mobile mining equipment, high voltage systems, and related validation and field testing of product improvement features.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, apply https://www.home.sandvik/career referencing job code R0052206.
Sandvik Mining is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining is a veteran-friendly company.
Deadline: Not set
Deadline: Not set