Round Tools Design & Quotation Engineer
Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
ROUND TOOLS DESIGN & QUOTATION ENGINEER
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
The Design & Quotation Engineer’s responsibilities include developing quotes from RFQ and EMS and design for manufacturability. Collaborate and support methods engineering in improving the manufacturing processes to gain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, maximize profitability, and develop best practices.
Key performance areas:
- Develop skeleton and PK for quote requests using GSS/GSS II and CAPP systems, following Sandvik manufacturing rules.
- Develop quotes for RFQs form sales for given design / requirements.
- Develop designs based on EMS requests.
- Assess ability to manufacture and propose suitable product design for cost efficient production.
- Complete manufacturing analysis of proposed product for production.
- Prepare incoming new orders for manufacturing by developing prints and design for manufacturing, updating system with material information.
- Interact with manufacturing personnel and engineers to establish methods or processes.
- Build skeleton and develop cost (PK) for new products, assortment expansion and any current changes required. Align GSS/GSS II setup to current methods/processes within skeletons.
- Interact with other Methods Engineers within Sandvik and Manufacturing/Process Engineers at site.
- Exchange and learn experiences with other PUs.
- Maintain compliance with the current Quality and Environmental Systems (ISO).
- Obtain quotes from outside subcontractors, which may involve distribution of manufacturing drawings for the manufacturing of round tools.
- Program Systems that include but not limited to: GSS, GSSII, CAPP, R999, SAP, EMS, EPLM, SOPIC
- Optimize product design for manufacturability to reach product quality, efficiency, and process repeatability.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Teamwork: Working cooperatively with others to complete work assignments.
- Client/Stakeholder Focus: Efficiently and effectively addressing the needs of customers.
- Planning and Organizing: Planning and prioritizing work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks.
- Creative Thinking: Generating innovative and creative solutions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions to problems/ Seeking and Developing Solutions and/or Opportunities
- Working with Tools and Technology: Selecting, utilizing, and maintaining tools and technology, including adaptive tools and technology, to facilitate work activity.
- Scheduling and Coordinating: Making arrangements that fulfill all requirements as efficiently and economically as possible.
- Checking, Examining, and Recording: Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/digital format, including adaptive devices and software.
- Business Fundamentals: Using information on basic business principles, trends, and economics.
A minimum of 5 years of recorded work experience in manufacturing, in a carbide cutting tool related field is preferred.
Required: bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience in an engineering position => 5 years.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit Sandvik Group apply to the Design & Quotation Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0044132.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set