Senior Product Engineer
Designs and directs installation of mechanical products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains an awareness of industry developments through conferences, technical papers, patents, periodicals, and trade shows.
- Participates in and provides technical direction for long term planning of product and system development.
- Provides technical direction for engineering personnel.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Directs or coordinates manufacturing of prototype products or systems.
- Monitors the performance of products through analysis of returned products and initiates corrective action when required.
- Renders disposition of discrepant products and processes.
- Prepares patent disclosures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90 day probationary period. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology (4 year degree) or a closely related field combined with two years experience in pneumatic percussive drilling tool design.
Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels. Ability to read and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to write technical articles presenting unique or original thoughts or ideas. Ability to make effective speeches or presentations on complex topics to executive management, customers, public groups, and/or boards of directors. A second language would be beneficial (Spanish or French preferred).
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus and statistical theory to practical problems. Complete understanding of trigonometry, plane and solid geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to visualize three dimensional situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to use CAD/PDM and personal computers.
Understanding and some experience with CFD simulation software
Theoretical and practical understanding of fluid dynamics; especially compressible flow.
Familiarity with impact and impulse-momentum
Deadline: Not set