Sales and product service
Technical Support Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a Technical Support Specialist – Rotary Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Alachua, Florida is looking for a customer-focused Technical Support Specialist who enjoys providing innovative and effective solutions. You can diagnose and troubleshoot customer product technical issues even remotely across the globe. You easily build relationships and enjoy collaborating with others. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading to explore an exciting career opportunity with us.
Sandvik is a global engineering company with over 37,000 team members worldwide. Our division headquarters in sunny Alachua, FL is where we design and manufacture world class rotary drill machines for the global surface mining industry. We offer customer focused mining solutions centered on our own employees’ passion to win while maintaining a fun and rewarding work atmosphere.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Our workplace is full of dedicated and passionate team members who directly contribute to our company’s growth and success. We believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences. And it’s our commitments to Safety, Quality and our People in what sets us apart here in Alachua.
We are looking for a self-starter who can take technical ownership of our Rotary Drills in the field through supporting the frontline Sandvik organization. Your duties will include investigating and diagnosing complex field issues and resolving customer product issues. The Technical Support Specialist will also work closely with our frontline team to introduce new products, assist with commissioning, and deliver all the necessary training.
- Provide timely technical support on Sandvik Rotary Division products including customer sites internationally and domestically.
- Troubleshoot to resolve mechanical and control system issues, software installations, calibrations, and updates.
- Commissioning support for new product introductions to sales areas
- Be able to configure software from Sandvik’s front line tools and launch for the targeted product.
- Host and conduct classroom and field training to frontline teams, Sales Area Product Masters, technicians and customers on new product drills and technology.
Additionally, the Technical Support Specialist will:
- Review Continuous Product Improvement cases with machine technical issues, concerns, or suggestions from sales areas, collaborating with Technical Support team members, Engineering, Sales, Product Management and Manufacturing to give accurate technical advice on solutions.
- Investigate and resolve field issues utilizing root cause failure analysis and working closely with the Product Engineering group.
- Review and maintain all Technical Support related documents.
A minimum of 10 years working in a technical role along with at least 5 years with drilling equipment. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical or similar technical degree. Proven experience with delivering training and strong customer service.
Additionally, the Technical Support Specialist will possess the following competencies:
- Self-Motivated, driven, and flexible.
- Strong electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical skills with a background including control systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs.
- Able to work legally in the US and travel globally.
- Must have a valid passport or be able to attain one and a driver’s license.
- MSHA and First Aid certification preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at sandvik.com/careers to the Technical Support Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0059821.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.