Sales and product service
Field Service Manager (Underground)
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for
Field Service Manager (Underground)
If you have a strong technical background, strong diagnostic skills then we have this first-rate opportunity. We are a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
Key performance areas
The field service manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective maintenance of the identified services across an area of responsibility. The manager works closely with the customer to identify and meet the customer’s expectations and defined scope. The employee manages the workforce, safety plan, equipment base, adherence to safety standards and ensures they are consistent with the customer and Sandvik policies.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Hire, coach, and develop people, service offerings and capabilities consistent with identified customer needs and product technologies. Additionally, manage resources to meet utilization targets and capacity requirements
- Participate as an active member in specific ad hoc account teams and provide input into strategic plans for the continued expansion of services and capabilities within the area of responsibility
- Develop and enhance the overall relationship with customers that lead to constructive and profitable business partnerships
- Investigate competitor activities and conducts relevant market research that enables market competitiveness
- Work closely with Product Line Managers to plan and provide training for new products
- Manage cost base in accordance with monthly and annual financial forecasts and results. Ensure implementation of appropriate financial controls and manage resource utilization within agreed targets
- Maintains focus on safety in planning and implements processes in line with SMC’s OH&S, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures and objectives and in compliance with OSHA, MHSA regulations at all times
- Ensures the adherence to MSHA legislation for all work performed by Sandvik employees on site
- Development of team initiatives to drive safety improvement, awareness and overall KPI achievements
This role is expected to be based out of either Elko NV, Atlanta GA, or field based where approved and with a normal work week in accordance with regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 40 hours. U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents with the right qualifications are encouraged to apply .
- The successful candidate will possess a technical certification or diploma in related discipline and at least 10 years of industry related experience
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Strong mechanical aptitude and work ethic
- Previous work experience should demonstrate the candidate is a standout colleague with excellent communication and active listening skills
- The ability to maintain strong customer relations is helpful
- Flexible and self-motivated, with an aim to achieve high-level customer happiness
Skillsets preferred are:
- Knowledge of mining equipment industry
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Digital literacy
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Must conform to ISO Standards
Sandvik offers a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- A very strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Field Service Manager (Underground) position, Job Req. ID# R0059552.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
#LI - Onsite