Sales and product service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Service Technician – Trades Assistant
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Service Technician Trades Assistant to join our service department based out of our Mackay branch. The role is responsible to ensure efficient maintenance of our client's fleet of Sandvik Mining equipment.
Areas of responsibility
As the Technical Assistant, you will be
- Carrying out general workshop duties.
- Picking up and delivering of stores and components.
- Assisting technicians with repairs, cleaning and servicing of equipment.
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records.
- Adhering to all policies & procedures, especially EHS policies
You hold a current forklift high risk work license and a valid driver’s license. Experience working in a workshop or engineering facility and a strong commitment to EHS as you keep safety at the forefront of everything you do.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job, the ability to pass drug & alcohol test, reference checks and police checks.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Highly competitive wages, bonus, and uniform provided
- Options for additional superannuation contribution
- Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Employee Referral Program that pays up to $5,000 per successful referral
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0438 641 791