Research & Development
Are you an experienced design expert who wants to be part of our electrification journey? If the answer is yes, keep reading, as this may be just the right position for you. This is your opportunity to join Sandvik’s smart minds, all working together to build a more sustainable future.
This position is in Sandvik’s Turku site which is the main product development and manufacturing center for our Load and Haul equipment. Hybrid work is possible in the role, however occasional travel and presence is required in our Division headquarters in Turku.
About the team
- Fluid Power team is working as technology team for underground loaders and trucks
- Development focus areas are hydraulics and cooling design for machines
- Team participates to develop and support machine technologies of machines through the machine lifetime
Your primary areas of responsibility. Do we share the same mission?
- Your role is to design the hydraulic systems for underground loaders and participate in machine projects and subsystems projects
- You are responsible of hydraulic system module(s) and you coordinate the development work with internal and external stakeholders
- Together with the other technology and product teams you have responsibility for the design and analysis of the necessary measurements
- Working in close cooperation with our component suppliers
- Support our production and test run regarding hydraulics related matters
- Performing independently measurements and adjustments and give guidance to the others concerning these areas of expertise
- Position includes some project related travel (usually planned well in advance)
Your background and what we find important
- You have a suitable degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in the field of engineering
- Knowledge of mobile equipment hydraulics systems design and diagram drawing
- It would be advantage if you have knowledge of hydraulic system controls and simulations
- Fluent communication skills both in Finnish and English
- Proactive and systematic way of working and excellent skills in problem-solving will be needed
- You are a natural team player in a multicultural and international environment
Our role is clear – through every action, every day, we make the shift and advance the world through engineering. We believe in an inclusive, equal, and open-minded culture, and we nurture our diversities to form a solid foundation for achieving great results. Add fair and rewarding benefits, as well as many different career options.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Sami Haikio, Head of R&D, Drive & Motion Technology, tel. +358 400 539 234.
For further information regarding the recruitment process please contact:
Sandvik’s HR Services, Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444 (weekdays at 9-11 and 13-15).
Want to join our Fluid Power Technology team?
Submit your application and CV with your salary expectation by Sunday December 10th, 2023.
When applying in our system, please make sure to also attach your cover letter when asked to upload your resume. Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers.
Job ID: R0061591
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service, digital solutions and sustainability-driving technologies for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. In 2022, sales were approximately 57 billion SEK with about 16,200 employees.