Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key Performance Areas
To undertake all processes / activities involved in the production of high quality Ready to Press (RTP) Cemented Carbide Powder. This must be achieved in a safe manner, by following Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and Process Instructions, while maintaining all production targets. Cleanliness of the Plant & Equipment must maintain is critical to the success of the process.
- Select & prepare raw materials for weighing process.
- Monitor inventory & store raw materials as required.
- Accurately weigh recipes using the PLC controlled automated weighing system, along with manual weighing and monitoring.
- Operate milling control system.
- Prepare associated equipment, ensuring equipment is assembled & working correctly and that the accepted standard of cleanliness is maintained.
- Perform ‘In Process’ Quality control sampling and take corrective actions based on the results to ensure powder quality complies to the specification, along with documenting & updating relevant systems.
- Submit samples to lab for product testing.
- Dismantle, clean, and maintain the equipment, plant and working environment to the highest standard of cleanliness, ensuring that the Sandvik Targets for Dust & Cobalt are met.
- Initiate preventive maintenance activities as per directives and schedules.
- Start and shutdown media for all processes daily.
- Control and monitor water process and ethanol equipment if required.
- Continuously monitor all aspects of the process and take the necessary actions required to ensure the safe running of the equipment & production of high-quality powder.
- Prepare customer orders for shipment in a timely manner.
- Other task assigned by Manager/Leader.
2-3 years’ experience working in a mechanical or process industry. (Chemical process industry preferred)
High School Diploma or equivalent GED
Must have a safety and quality mindset.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at Sandvik Careers apply to the Production Operator position, Job Requisition ID# R0060715.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.