Industrial Assembler II
Sandvik Mining in Alachua, FL is looking for an Industrial Assembler II
If you have a mechanical or electrical background and experience working with heavy mobile equipment, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology welcomes you to consider this fantastic Industrial Assembler II opportunity!
Sandvik is a global engineering company with over 37,000 team members worldwide. Our division headquarters in sunny Alachua, FL is where we design and manufacture world class rotary drill machines for the global surface mining industry. We offer customer focused mining solutions centered on our own employees’ passion to win while maintaining a fun and rewarding work atmosphere.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Our workplace is full of dedicated and passionate team members who directly contribute to our company’s growth and success. We believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences. And it’s our commitments to Safety, Quality and our People in what sets us apart here in Alachua.
Key performance areas
As the Industrial Assembler II, you will assemble large and heavy parts to complete sub-assemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools, and other specialized equipment. You will be expected to perform a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding, and/or mechanical.
Additionally, the Industrial Assembler II will:
- Assemble components using power and hand tools.
- Check specification sheet to determine required assembly and special options.
- Interpret prints and electrical schematics for the assembly, wiring, and troubleshooting of machine specific electrical systems.
- Check power and hand tools for correct operation.
- Ensure connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies per customer specifications.
- Resolve assembly problems and/or reports to Team Leader for assistance.
- Check stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners, and contact the warehouse Team Leader if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The Industrial Assembler II will work the 6:30 am to 3 pm shift (with the potential for overtime).
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and hand and power tool knowledge.
- Willingness to work overtime and shift work as needed.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment and build a career with a global organization.
Here’s what we offer in return:
- Health - After 30 days you’re eligible for our Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Flexible Spending. There’s company paid short term disability insurance and Group Life Insurance.
- Future Savings - We help you save for retirement in offering a generous 401(k) plan with auto/matching your contribution up to 8%.
- Rest & Relaxation - We provide up to 2 weeks Paid Time Off your first year of employment along with 11 Company paid holidays. After 1 year of service, you’re awarded 3 Weeks of Vacation. Woohoo!
- And if you’re feeling under the weather – we have up to 6 sick days a year too.
Career & Other Perks
- Career Path - Your success and career at Sandvik is very important to us and we support your professional development by offering online and classroom trainings through our onsite Sandvik Training Academy and offer a College Tuition Reimbursement Program for those wanting to finish a degree or pursue another or other certifications.
- Promoting the Sandvik Spirit - Community is important to us and we do our best to support and give back to the community and local charities which employees can participate with our Community Service Days
- Let’s be healthy together - you receive an annual Wellness, Diet and Gym Stipend
- Fun in the workplace - We have Employee Resource Groups and an Employee Activity Committee that promotes at least one event every quarter.
- Unlimited Employee Discounts – Part of a global organization there are many employee savings available from purchasing a car, buying a cellphone, or taking the much-needed vacation. These discount programs are from the major automobile manufacturers and famous retail brands, theme parks, etc.
Come Join our Sandvik Family!
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik.com/career to the Industrial Assembler II position, Job# R0059401.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.