Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Warehouse Supervisor – Brisbane (Holt Street)
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an additional Warehouse Supervisor to join our busy Holt Street team, supervising the afternoon shift (14:00-22:00).
As the Warehouse Supervisor you will provide supervision and support to the daily operations and activities involved with the supply of spare parts and materials to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
This role is a full-time requirement, however, Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options.
Areas of responsibility
The Brisbane Warehouse is an operation providing a high volume of warehouse and distribution services to both internal and external customers. Operational delivery service levels to customers are mandated to achieve prescribed Key Performance Targets.
- Be a role model for safety, and ensure all areas of operation are being conducted within Sandvik’s systems of safety and compliance.
- Ensure the day to day delivery of KPIs is achieved to the highest level and that we respond to customer needs with urgency and accuracy.
- Develops advanced knowledge of our warehouse systems including the WMS, payroll, ordering and Aurora/DI programs.
- Work closely with Leading Hands to plan day to day running of the warehouse.
- Co-ordinate stock movements and liaise between all Sandvik supplier warehouses.
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assist in producing weekly and monthly data as requested.
- Assist in ongoing in-house training for team members.
- Oversee and assist with purchasing, receiving and dispatching parts, orders and enquiries.
- Assist with inventory control where required.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm.
You must have excellent computer skills, be adaptable, committed to safety and reliable. You will demonstrate initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm with the ability to communicate clearly and build strong relationships.
Additionally, you will have experience supervising a warehouse and staff (a mix of casual and permanent). You will have a minimum of 5 years’ warehouse/storeroom experience in a mining or equipment manufacturing environment as well as a Certificate IV in Warehousing or equivalent.
An open and current Driver Licence and High Risk Work Licence (Forklift) is essential.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- Competitive Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Agencies need not apply. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. Applications close in 30 days from posting or earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
+61 460 971 554
Deadline: Feb 16