Sandvik Mining & Rock is looking for a Troubleshooter on our dock for our Chicago Warehouse operations.
Sandvik Mining & Rock, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 1 opening for Dock Worker in our Outbound Department.
The hours will be Mon-Fri either 10:00AM-6:30PM or 11:00AM-7:30PM.
As a Troubleshooter you will be responsible for processing Inbound/Outbound orders, working within the guidelines of all established policies and procedures across internal and external stakeholders. You will need to perform in accordance with established targets and objectives, including but not limited to: productivity, quality, attendance, safety and on time shipping performance.
- Responsible for the timely completion of Inbound/Outbound shipments and coordinate with both the transportation team and/or warehouse team for the timely completion of shipments
- Communicate regularly with the Operational Leadership team and Process Controllers regarding manifest completion and shipment status
- Help with resolving issues from customers and vendors via email communication
- Correct faulty LPNs and update item attributes, including but not limited to item dimensions, customer addresses, and tracking information
- Work to resolve problem Inbound/Outbound shipments promptly utilizing systems/reports to close manifests before carrier cutoff times
- Troubleshoot any errors, including quality, and coordinate with impacted departments
- Assist Operational Leadership in directing warehouse associates with work assignments and tasks
- Create, file, and close documentation for every shipment that is loaded or delivered daily
- Investigate open orders in good-wards and in-transit status
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Warehouse administration and housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/management
Experience and Required Competencies
- Ability to use RFT, Warehouse Management System, Badge related systems and other warehouse systems as assigned.
- Previous experience in a transportation environment including domestic, import and export shipments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Experience in Warehouse/Distribution/Supply Chain. Excellent administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Troubleshooter position
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set