Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Trades Assistant – Prominent Hill
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is currently hiring a Trades Assistant based in Prominent Hill. The role provides warehouse and distribution service to both internal and external customers on a continuous 8/6 dayshift.
This role provides support in the day-to-day operations and activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and Materials from the Warehouse to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
Areas of responsibility
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe work places and eliminating environmental harm
- Processing of warehouse receipting and dispatch documentation
- Conduct stock cycle counting, and full stock takes
- Assist with inventory control (inbound and outbound)
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping
You must have good computer skills, be adaptable, reliable, and committed to our “Zero Harm” attitude. You will need initiative, flexibility, high level of energy and enthusiasm to display excellent communication and customer relations skills.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ warehouse/stores experience as well as a Certificate IV in Warehousing or equivalent. An open and current Driver’s License, Forklift License is essential. Experience in a senior or supervisory position would be highly desirable, as well as experience in warehouse inventory control and WMS.
This position will also be supported by internal and external training to further career development to the right candidate.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job & the ability to pass a pre-employment medical.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 10 or 12% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Deadline: Jul 2