Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Warehouse Supervisor - Orange
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik currently has a position vacant for a Warehouse Supervisor to join the team in Orange. The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the day-to-day activities involved with the supply of spare parts and materials from the warehouse to the customer. This role provides support in the day to day operations and activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and Materials from the Warehouse to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
Areas of responsibility
The Orange Warehouse is an operation providing a high volume of warehouse and distribution service to both internal and external customers. Operational delivery service levels to customers are mandated to achieve prescribed Key Performance Targets.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe work places and eliminating environmental harm
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping
- Co-ordinate stock movements and liaise between all Sandvik supplier warehouses.
- Issuing stock to work orders and maintaining stock to the optimum level.
- Work closely with Leading Hands to plan day to day running of the warehouse.
- Carry out regular audits to ascertain stock levels.
- Assist in producing monthly data as requested.
- Assist in ongoing in-house training for team members.
- Purchasing, receiving and dispatching parts, orders and enquiries.
- Preparation of shipping documentation
- Conduct stock cycle counting and full stock takes
- Assist with inventory control
You must have good computer skills, be adaptable, committed to our “Zero Harm” attitude, and reliable. You will need initiative, flexibility, high level of energy and enthusiasm, display excellent communication and customer relations skills. Additionally, you have experience managing a warehouse and staff, both casual and permanent. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ warehouse/stores experience in a Heavy Mining or Equipment Manufacturing environment as well as a Certificate IV in Warehousing or equivalent. An open and current Driver’s License, and Forklift License is essential.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 27 November 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Not set