Parts Inventory Replenishment Planner (P2)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Parts Inventory Replenishment Planner (P2) 2 year fixed term role in our Dublin Office for a start in Sep/Oct 2021.
As Inventory Replenishment Planner, the person will be responsible for organizing and developing the Inventory Replenishment plan between the key hubs (2 global hubs and 4 regional hubs). The person will manage their activities to ensure the best performance and service to key stakeholders.
Perform inventory Replenishments
- Distribute inventory between global and regional hubs by reviewing planned replenishment orders (requisitions) and confirming daily requisitions
- Manage replenishment orders execution performance alerts
- Identify issues and work towards the goal of providing best-in-class service
- Liase with Demand Inventory Planning Team
- Troubleshoot issues that arise and offer short-term and long-term solutions
Optimize global inventory through Redistribution process
- Analyze inventory in global / regional hubs to improve the availability and decrease excess stock
- Perform the necessary replenishment orders to redeploy stock
Propose continuous improvements
- Understand the different processes and propose improvements to enhance the processes
- Understand the supply chain and network to avoid costly and inefficient mistakes
- Work with our business partners to assist in find best practices for the work flow
- Be creative in solutions to improve customer services whilst saving costs
- Identify operational gaps and find the best solution with stakeholders for the improvement of the work flow
Conduct detailed analysis
- Maintain, update and clean master data files [item/stock room, network settings, reorder settings…]
- Provide reports for replenishment, analysis and recommendations to management and other stakeholders as needed
Support system improvements
- Assist in the development of systems and procedures required to meet service levels and inventory KPIs
- Become a key user of the tools (System 21 / DI, PICS, new IMS). Identify and propose optimization settings
Support Global Planning and LT projects as needed
- Represent Operational Performance in cross-functional projects, taking ownership of actions and requirements to progress a project forward
- Develop strong working relationships, including GIM team, Logistics Services teams
- Minimum 2 years working experience
- Degree and/or diploma within the Supply Chain area. Understanding of inventory management and associated KPIs (definitions, formulas)
- Strong analytical skills, structured thinking and proclivity for working with numbers and large volume of data
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and business management tools (System 21, Maximo, etc.) and standard Software (Excel, QlikView…)
- Ability to prioritize workload, strive to improve, take initiative and solve issues
- Good knowledge of Aftermarket business and/or Mining business
- Good general business acumen. Global and strategic thinking. Understand the organisation’s strategy and the impact of decisions on overall success and profitability of the company
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of English
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, daily fresh fruit, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
- Initially this will be remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. In 2019, sales were approximately 45 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Parts & Services Logistics – Our Function and Culture
Logistics is an essential support arm for multiple divisions within Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology and manages 30 Warehouses (6 Hubs + 24 Satellites) in 17 distinct countries and 5 continents. Key to our central activity and role is providing proactive, worldwide, logistical expertise and timely delivery of essential after sales parts to our customers across the globe.
Based on the variety of functions performed in Parts & Services Logistics, there are numerous opportunities for career advancement in areas including; Warehousing, Order Management, Inventory Management, Freight, Supplier Management, Logistics Transformation and Supply Chain Information Systems. These key functions support the activities which collectively are providing and delivering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working
lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: Inventory Replenishment Manager
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HR.ServicesUK@sandvik.com.
The closing date for applications is 19th September 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: Not set