Terelion, a part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Carrollton, TX looking for a
Terelion is a global company servicing the Mining business. We operate in over 120 countries providing drilling and completion equipment, knowledge, and expertise to achieve customer goals. The key to the company's success is our innovative employees. Terelion offers an exciting and fast paced work environment, attractive benefits, and competitive pay. If you’re looking to invest in your career development, Terelion is the right place for you. Come join our team!
Terelion manufactures and services application specific roller cone bits and percussion hammers (DTH) for the Mining and Construction industries. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Key performance areas
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by performing the following duties.
Key activities and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate information in ERP system such as purchase order date, due dates, quantities delivered, quantities on back order, and updated delivery schedule.
- Maintain open purchase order report by communicating with vendors on a regular basis to obtain information such as delivery schedule and back-order status.
- Attend required meetings and be prepared to present status reports on supply availability and delivery schedules.
- Works with Regional Sales Teams & Planning Department regarding forecasting to ensure a consistent supply of material to meet customer demands.
- Prepares purchase orders and converts purchase requisitions into purchase orders for various departments within the company.
- Sends out request for quotes to multiple vendors prior to placing purchase order to secure supplies on time at competitive prices.
- Maintains historical procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Expedites delivery of material as directed by Management
- Ensure all vendors are current on Approved Supplier List.
- Source alternate vendors as necessary to secure consistent supply availability.
- Respond to all communications regarding purchasing from internal and external customers.
You have a High School/GED diploma and four years related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience. You can read, analyses and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, engineering drawings or governmental regulations. You are capable of writing reports and business correspondence. You can effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
You can calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, and volume. Also, you can apply concepts of basic mathematical skills. You can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. You can interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers to the Buyer position, Job Requisition # R0031496.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns
Deadline: Not set