Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for Inventory Lead for our Chicago Warehouse operations.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 1 opening for Inventory Lead.
As the Inventory Lead, you will be responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy by verifying all include and outbound orders. Ensure that inventory entries and adjustments are reflected accurately in the warehouse management system.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Perform the duties of an inventory control clerk
- Conduct training for new associates
- Assist in physical inventories
- Monitor performance of associates within the work group
- Communicate work practices, procedures, and methods to associates as required
- Ensure accurate accounting of and disposition of all defective or damaged product
- May perform other duties and participate in other projects as required by the department.
Leads task teams
- Leads small task teams in the warehouse to achieve the daily outcomes required. This includes:
- Allocation of responsibilities to individual team members
- Provision of backup support to all team members as required
- Provision of on the job coaching and guidance as and when necessary
- Answering technical queries of team members as required
Experience and Required Competencies
- 3-6 years months warehousing and inventory experience. Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory
completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of warehouse or plant systems, processes and procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to communicate with associates/customers.
- Ability to work specific shift, knowledge of commonly-used concepts’, practices and procedures, read, understand and follow directions/instructions/work procedures/safety rules, operate various office equipment as needed, perform simple math calculations, operate basic document and spreadsheet software.
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
- Desirable English Proficiency: Intermediate (CEFR B1/ Completed EF level 6)
Experience in Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment. A valid Forklift Operator License, good administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Inventory Lead position, Job Req. ID# R0030136
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set