Global Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager (M3)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED, HIGHLY ORGANISED, A PROBLEM SOLVER & TEAM PLAYER?'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU!!
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Global Parts Inventory Planning Process Manager (M3) for a permanent position in our Dublin Office.
In this position, you will be responsible all global parts planning (Demand Planning and Inventory Planning), inventory replenishment and resulting parts stock holdings and service levels for hubs. This includes global inventory process design/enhancement, implementation and monitoring. Conducts and/or oversees strategic supply chain analysis. You will be responsible for Identifying and recommending opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Developing and implementing supply chain designs, models, strategies and/or processes to improve the business.
Key responsibilities include:
BA/PA Belonging: BA SMART PA Parts & Serv.
- Global for processes
- SMCL for demand and inventory planning and inventory replenishment
Function FTE: 12
Parts Inventory Planning
- Determine adequate stock assortment strategies, policies and associated service levels to support the global PA targets and for recommending improvements to current Supply Chain Planning WoW
- Analyse, recommend and implement changes to Demand and Inventory planning parameters based on agreed commercial strategy, target stock holding and service levels.
- Collect, identify and prioritize process and IT improvement opportunities related to inventory planning.
- Responsible for deploying IMS to the network and ensuring adequate training to all key users.
- Manage monthly Demand Planning process execution and lead pilot S&OP process
- Manage day-to-day replenishment between hubs
- Manage inventory redeployments between hubs
- Supervise stock optimization activities: scrapping, redistribution between hubs, sell-back to PU, other initiatives (DASH…)
Inventory Process Development & Monitoring
- Responsible for reviewing, developing and monitoring global processes for global parts inventory operations (SMCL and sales areas)
- Current processes include Demand & Inventory Planning, S&OP, Strategic Stock, Supersession, Scrapping, Sell-back to suppliers, SMCL return
- Manage system improvements and liaise with IT to coordinate developments. Systems in scope are S21 DI, Aurora, Voyager, Qlikview, Strategic Stock Tool
- Supervise the documentation of inventory related processes (including process description, user guides, intranet…)
- Work with other Logistics process owners to improve global logistics processes having dependencies with parts inventory
- Support Logistics Transformation global projects implementation
- Develop ad hoc analysis for BC function and VP logistics services
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide recommendations to global
- Advanced degree and /or diploma with the Supply chain area
- Minimum 5 year’s management experience (management of a team of people at international locations and be able to influence within a leadership team) and Minimum 8 years working experience.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management and minimum 3-year experience leading a Parts planning function.
- Good knowledge of Aftermarket business and/or Mining business.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and standard Software, and very good analytic skills.
- Excellent communication skills & general business acumen.
What is in it for you?
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment, extraordinary products, great colleagues and opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. We have an inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
- Initially Remote working environment due to Covid-19 restrictions
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying . In 2019, sales were approximately 45 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Parts & Services Logistics – Our Function and Culture
Logistics is an essential support arm for multiple divisions within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and manages 30 Warehouses (6 Hubs + 24 Satellites) in 17 distinct countries and 5 continents. Key to our central activity and role is providing proactive, worldwide, logistical expertise and timely delivery of essential after sales parts to our customers across the globe.
Based on the variety of functions performed in Parts & Services Logistics, there are numerous opportunities for career advancement in areas including; Warehousing, Order Management, Inventory Management, Freight, Supplier Management, Logistics Transformation and Supply Chain Information Systems. These key functions support the activities which collectively are providing and delivering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Primary Preferred Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Vice President Logistics
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact Elise.Parminter@Sandvik.com.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: Jun 30