Freight Lead - Chicago, IL
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Smyrna, Georgia
- Job-ID: R0017375
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a
Freight Lead – Chicago, IL
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Freight Lead in the Chicago, IL area.
Key performance areas
The Freight Lead main responsibility is to provide safe and cost-effective transportation across all modes of transportation for both domestic and international shipments. Includes carrier management and continuous improvement of freight service, cost and quality of delivery.
- Analyze transportation and distribution procedures to ensure efficient, economical delivery of the organization's products
- Review proposals and makes recommendations for modifications in rates, lanes and carrier selection
- Evaluate freight classifications, tariff rates and operating efficiency to provide cost effective shipments while providing expected customer service
- Plan and coordinate fleet operations, including carrier start-ups, scheduling, and hiring of common carriers (third-party transportation companies) as appropriate
- Compile carrier metrics and conduct monthly carrier reviews
- Timely update of carrier rate cards in system
- Work closely with sales area, warehouse and carriers to resolve open issues
Work Location: Preferred Chicago, IL (Romeoville) site
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years Supply Chain experience and 2 years working in a Transportation environment.
Additionally, candidate should possess:
- Ability to work with cross cultural workgroups
- Knowledge of JDA TMS desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Freight Lead position, Job Req. ID # R0017375.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set