Key Account Manager
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a
Key Account Manager – White Pine, TN (Remote considered)
You are a customer focused leader, with the technical insight to perceive what your customer needs. You instinctively work cross functionally to drive both action and results and are a confident and enthusiastic leader. You’re a team player, who lives and promotes a culture of continuous improvement, innovative solutions, safety, and you thrive under pressure. Come explore a great opportunity as a Key Account Manager within Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology – USA Sales Area!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
As a Key Account Manager your focus will be to:
- Achieve sustainable profitable growth of a Key Customer Account(s) of Sandvik by driving the value selling team effort.
- Be the expert on the customer, knowing customer needs and consider all Sandvik's product and service offerings.
- Know Sandvik's position with the customer, identify opportunities - and set a winning strategy and action plan for the account team to implement.
- Proactively offer valuable solutions that contribute to the customer’s success, becoming a go-to-partner that is preferred over the competition.
- Be the ambassador of Sandvik, assuring quality communication.
- Lead the management and building of customer relationships, involve the internal Sandvik network.
- Build sustainable and profitable customer account business growth
- Create and implement a yearly Account Business Plan (ABP)
- Understand the customer and its needs; include the dynamics and processes, the value chain and business drivers
- Understand Sandvik's position with the customer (e.g. geographic and product portfolio white spots / market shares; and relationship status)
- Identify opportunities (incl CAPEX forecast)
- Develop account vision, strategic objectives, collaboration roadmap, opportunity mapping / targeting, focus areas / success factors, and action plans - all supporting the customer in becoming successful in meeting their goals/strategy. This sets the direction for the team.
- Site-level planning, Division by Division
- Share the plans with the Divisions as deemed appropriate - for buy-in and idea generation
- Share the plans with customers for buy-in, idea generation, and potentially collaborations. (I.e. customer adapted versions of the otherwise confidential internal plans.)
- Regularly follow up the implementation of the action plans with the account team
- Prepare and achieve revenue budgets and unit sales targets - in alignment with Business Line Managers (BLM)
- Work in coordination with the Global Account Manager, if applicable.
Manage sales opportunities - from scoping to negotiated agreement
- Driver of major tenders and global agreements
- Proactively propose all SMR's products and services to the customer, as relevant. Know the latest offering.
- Stimulate creativity within Sandvik and with the customer to identify/create winning solutions that help make the customer successful in reaching its goals
- Guide the customer towards the possibilities with Sandvik - make the value proposition known, in general (the value of Sandvik, e.g. innovation R&D, reliability, support, global presence) and specifically (the benefits of specific product/service solutions)
- Guide the Sandvik organization towards delivering value and results with the customer (know what they want)
- Apply value-based pricing (as opposed to cost-plus pricing)
- Prepare offers, negotiate and finalize agreement
- Establish long-term agreements, if appropriate (e.g. Global Framework Agreement, GFA)
Lead account team
- Develop engaged and participative Account Team
- Involve the team in the Account Business Planning and implementation to create motivation and commitment. Make the plan set the direction for the team.
- Follow up on action plans. Delegate and support. Mentor and coach.
- Work closely with Business Line Managers (BLM)
Manage relationships, and communication
- Know the customer organization and its dynamics
- Build and maintain a broad contact network at all levels, well beyond Purchasing
- Make the relationships support the business
- Manage projects and collaborations to enhance long term customer relationships at all levels
- Assure quality communication with the customer and within Sandvik
- Manage customer's expectations to ensure Sandvik can deliver
- Act as an ambassador representing Sandvik; a reference for the customer for opportunities or issues. Escalation. Also, advocate for the customer internally.
- Manage issues and resolution
- Brand/reputation management
- Rally internal executive support when needed
Maintain profitability of account, and manage contracts
- Review portfolio - pricing, mix, conditions
- Maintain SMR contractual conditions (e.g. payment terms)
- Adhere to Global Framework Agreement (GFA) if applicable
- Gather customer intelligence, e.g. fleet analysis by mine site; and input to BLMs to address product offering
- Monitor customer satisfaction
- Advanced account management, business acumen, and diplomacy
- Proficient business development with entrepreneurial mindset
- Advanced accountability, networking, and relationship management
- Managing in matrix environment
- Team management in matrix environment
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- Relevant industry knowledge
- Ability to learn technical details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient selling creativity
- Sales proposals and presentation
- Value-based selling
- Sales closing and agreements
- Sandvik business understanding
- Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering, or combination of education and experience
- Business development and industrial sales experience with demonstrated growth results
- Experiences relevant to the Responsibilities and Competencies of this Key Account Manager position
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Key Account Manager position, Job Req. ID# R0051860
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
Deadline: Not set