Regional Sales Manager - US West - Mid West (Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah)
Sandvik Coromant is looking for a
Regional Sales Manager – US West - Mid West Region (Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah is some of the areas covered)
Do you know how to motivate, inspire and lead? Do you have proven success at managing channel relationships and excellent communication and planning skills? If you are a high-level sales professional looking to expand your career as well as your leadership and managerial expertise, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you!
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
As the Regional Sales Manager, your goal is to maximize annual sales growth while leading a technical sales team and coordinating sales activities with buying channels. This role requires the ability to call on many diverse metal cutting customers while managing business activities and promoting Coromant products. The Regional Sales Manager will need to develop and execute measurable sales plans. You will lead a team of no more than 10 sales representatives.
By accompanying field sales on calls with channel distributors, the Regional Sales Manager will model good relationship building skills while also solving problems as they arise with tact and professionalism. Continual development and training of sales employees is expected, as is holding sales representatives accountable for reaching their sales targets and ensuring that both Sandvik and distributor goals are met.
Additional duties for the Regional Sales Manager include:
- Administrative tasks, such as completing documentation needed for commissions
- Making recommendations about prospective distributors to the Manager
- Meeting regularly with all levels of management at distributors and prospective distributors
- Creating presentations that show how Coromant products can improve a customer’s productivity
- Directly managing a team of front-line sales staff, actively involved in the field with salespeople and customers.
- May also have their own sales territory or portfolio of customers for which they serve as the designated salesperson, in some cases assigned to manage specific distributor relationships.
- Whether or not they play this hybrid sales/relationship management/manager role, the sales manager is ultimately accountable for meeting established sales goals in his or her geography via effective management of the assigned sales team, and by maintaining an active presence with customers in the market.
- Review and monitor sales performance periodically and refine sales strategy as required by management.
- Take accountability for management of budgets and forecasts (including A&S costs).
- Together with your three to five years of sales management experience in a manufacturing-related field, the Regional Sales Manager should hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- You bring an enthusiasm about motivating employees and invigorating customers and you have superior problem-solving skills.
- Additionally, you easily build professional networks and are an active listener.
- You are very knowledgeable about cutting tools, metalworking and manufacturing environments.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career and apply to the Regional Sales Manager –#R00XXXX.
Sandvik Coromant s an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set