Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Service Technician – Burnie, Tasmania
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is seeking applications from a motivated Service Technician for our team. This role is responsible for ensuring efficient maintenance and repair of our client’s Sandvik Mining equipment both in the workshop and local sites. Based in Burnie, Tasmania.
Roster and hours of work (including possible night shift) may change from time to time, in line with customer needs. Workshop based component repair is also a key part of this role.
Whilst the role will require inspections, preventative maintenance, fault finding and repairs on a wide range of mining equipment, demonstrated previous experience with surface and/or underground drilling equipment would be a distinct advantage.
Areas of responsibility
- Australian recognized Mechanical Trade Certification
- Leading, developing & mentoring a team, while Implementing process improvements to increase workshop productivity and performance
- Forward plan and adjust to customers problems & support with addressing daily issues
- Conduct pre-shift meetings
- Plan, organize and distribute work within the workshop.
- Liaise with third parties and customers as necessary to ensure work flows smoothly.
- Maintain a safe work environment and encourage a strong safety culture.
- Strive for Continuous improvement to the organization and efficiency of the workshop while ensuring quality is not diminished while achieving timeframes.
- Provide technical guidance and training to the workgroup as necessary.
- Ensure that all parts are returned to allow for job completion.
- Mechanical background and relevant certification essential
- Proactive, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to think outside the box and find solutions
- Strong and proven safety culture
- Strong customer service focus and motivation to achieve targets and goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid computer literacy
- Class C Manual Driver Licence
What we offer
- Option for up to 12.5% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
+61 460 971 554
Deadline: Feb 15