Field Technical Support Specialist- Rotary Drills
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Field Technical Support Specialist – Rotary Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Alachua, Florida is looking for a customer-focused Field Technical Support Specialist who can diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise in collaboration with our Product Engineering team. You are not only tech-savvy, but you understand the ins and outs of the surface drilling market. Using your technical insight, you can perceive and suggest what your customers’ need. You’re confident and enthusiastic about what you do and thrive under pressure. You can build trust easily and you’re a natural team player. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading to explore a real career opportunity.
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
We are looking for a self-starter who can take technical ownership of our Rotary Drills in the field through supporting the frontline Sandvik organization. Your duties will include investigating and resolving product issues by working with the Product Engineering group, troubleshooting and diagnosing complex field issues, and when required provide onsite support to the customer. The Field Technical Support Specialist will also work closely with our frontline team to introduce new products, assist with commissioning, and deliver all the necessary training. This position will report to the Field Technical Support Manager.
You possess a Technical college, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) degree or similar in related field. A minimum of 10 years working in a technical role and a minimum of 5 years on drilling or earth moving equipment. Proven experience of delivering training. Strong customer service background. Ability to operate drilling equipment in a mining environment (preferred). Must have a valid passport, driver’s license, MSHA certification (preferred), & First Aid certificate (preferred). Able to work legally in the US and travel domestically and abroad.
- Product ownership of x, i, KS and/or DR500
- Troubleshoot rotary drills to resolve mechanical field issues as well as control system software installation, calibration, and updates
- Investigate and resolve field issues utilizing root cause failure analysis and working closely with the Product Engineering group
- Commissioning support for new product introductions
- Technical support to other internal departments
- Provide technical input for new product development and take part in new product reviews
- Conduct classroom and field training to frontline teams and customers on drills
- Review and maintain all Product Support related documents
- Local & international travel to Sandvik locations and customer sites
- Conform to Sandvik’s employee code of conduct
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System. Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
Additionally, the Field Technical Support Specialist will possess the following competencies
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics is required
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills – able to easily communicate complex ideas
- Strong electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical skills and background (including control systems)
- Competent computer skills, can navigate Microsoft Office and similar packages
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment is an asset
- Self-Motivated, driven, and flexible
- Must be able to legally work in the USA and travel domestically and internationally
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at sandvik.com/en/careers to the Field Technician Support Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0040747.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set