Sandvik Coromant is looking for an
Application Specialist, Greater Toronto Area
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness, and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career. We are seeking for people who are passionate in their work and possess the drive to excel to join us!
The person who fills this position must live within the Greater Toronto area and have a firm background in machined aerospace components.
Regular travel will be required.
Key Performance Areas:
The main purpose of the Application Specialist is to support sales development and product sales across Canada primarily (60% to 70%) within the assigned territory. This position is responsible for working closely with the sales organization through product testing, trouble shooting and process improvements. This role will support sales in all aspects required to maximize sales development potentials, including new products, customer retention and business opportunities.
- Meet and exceed annual team objectives which includes corporate sales objectives, budgets, sales support, new products, and costs control
- Support organization with the highest level of technical knowledge with a focus on Sales growth, profitability, and market share increases
- Trouble shooting of customer tooling challenges at the spindle including tool testing
- Conducting theoretical training for the selected customers
- Support or conduct and implement Productivity Improvement Programs (PIP)
- Act as Productivity Analyzer with good industry related software acumen.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience level:
- University degree or equivalent work experience in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing management with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge.
- Proven track record in delivering excellent business results and successful experience negotiating commercial terms and conditions with customers
- Practical project management knowledge
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create synergy and gain commitment to execute business plan
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to solve mathematical calculations applicable to product applications
- Leveraging CRM tool to identify business opportunities
- Fluency in both English and French language is an asset
- Must meet provincial driver’s license requirements
- Must live within GTA or immediately surrounding area
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Application Specialist, requisition R0037409. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Jun 6