Application Specialist, UEF-5
Sandvik Coromant is looking for an Application Specialist – MTS, Northeast Region
If you are customer-focused and have a passion for excellence, with a background in the tooling & machining industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you about this exciting Applications Specialist opportunity!
*** Estimated Overnight Travel will vary depending on the business needs/ situation.
Sandvik Coromant is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness, and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career. We are seeking for people who are passionate in their work and possess the drive to excel to join us!
Location: Flexible in the US-Northeast region covering New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, East PA, Long island & NYC.
Key Performance areas
The Applications Specialist fulfills and implements total delivery of technical solutions and works with end customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow share of wallet. Provides integrated solutions by coordinating and organizing interactions between technical and commercial departments. Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer specific components.
- Fulfills total delivery of technical solution and sales support to all end-customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow share of wallet at maintain, strengthen, and develop customers.
- Focusing on supporting, maintaining, and developing business relationships at Machine Tool Dealers and Manufacturers (MTD/MTM).
- Coordinates and organizes interaction between technical and commercial departments of the company, as well as relevant distributor services for projects in the sales/cluster department
- Prepares integrated solutions for customers
- Engaged by Account Managers to visits current and potential accounts
- Provide new product and service introduction to customers in collaboration with the account manager
- Recommends products and services that fit well with clients’ business needs during solution offer with Account Managers
- Responds to more complex technical questions regarding the products, systems, or services
- Develops and delivers training to educate internal employees and external partners and customers on the features of their purchase
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and resolves technical problems that arise during or after implementation
- Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer-specific components
Way of Working
- You can build effective working relationships with end customers and distributors to secure agreed priorities implementation
- Supports Sales activities including analysis of customer’s technical needs; suggests and implements solutions
- Ambassador for driving new ways of working and future technology within field of expertise to ensure customers’ needs are fulfilled and profitable business is gained
- Accountable to ensure successful opportunities are identified by Account Managers or others are qualified and as appropriate products are technically applied in a first-class manner to maximize Sandvik Coromant’s market share and profitable business
- Documents applied products and services performance and savings, whether successful or unsuccessful to ensure Sandvik Coromant can develop and deliver the most competitive products on the market.
- Leads the customer projects from start to finish together with Account Manager
- Ensures post-sales activities include resolving implementation problems and conduct trainings relevant trainings
- Liaises with hardware, software, and systems design engineers to ensure products and services are modified, configured, and installed per customer needs
- Works to ensure technical alignment between all internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Monitor competitors’ landscape and alternative solutions that can jeopardize Sandvik Coromant’s business
- University degree or equivalent work experience in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years experience in a Technical Service or Sales Supervisor role with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge
- Proven track record in delivering good business results
- CAM experience a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Project management knowledge and experience is a must
- Relevant experience with Account Management or Sales Management structure
- Knowledge of relevant application and software programs, e.g. CAD and CAM/CNC
- Knowledge in digital technologies in metalworking (industry 4.0)
- Knowledge and experience with managing external and internal customer relationships
- Ability to apply digital tools of Office 365 in daily work with internal and external stakeholders (Teams, dynamics etc.)
- Must meet provincial driver’s license requirements
- People management experience is considered an asset
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Job Requisition # R0037334 Application Specialist, UEF-5 position.
Sandvik Coromant is a part of global industrial engineering group Sandvik and is at the forefront of developing manufacturing tools and machining solutions, with knowledge that drives the industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and in the next industrial era. Collaborations with educational institutions, extensive investment in research and development and strong partnerships with customers support the development of advanced machining technologies and systems that will change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3100 patents worldwide, employs over 8,000 staff, and is represented in 130 countries.
Sandvik Coromant s an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set