Field Service Technician
- Deadline: 18 Feb
- Country: Canada
- Location: Iqaluit, Nunavut
- Job-ID: R0023722
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking
Field Service Technicians
Location: Baffinland Iron Mines, Mary River Mine Site, Nunavut
Schedule: Fly-in / Fly-out
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling. Currently we have an opening for Field Service Technician.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and / or electrical aspects of underground and surface mining equipment and components according to defined specifications and is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites.
Responsibilities and Technical Expertise:
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts, components or systems according to scope of work
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Commissioning new equipment
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complying with SMRT safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Field and Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic License is an asset
- 5 years’ related experience with mining equipment (surface and underground)
- Must be fully bilingual (Oral/written)
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment would be an asset
- Excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues with mining equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license for travel
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ to R0023722.
We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Deadline: 18 Feb