Service Technician - Electrician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Field Service Technician – Electrical, Mackay
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are looking for an experienced general Field Service - Electrician to work from Mackay Workshop. Responsibilities include, workshop to onsite general low voltage electrical (mining), maintenance, fault diagnosis and repairs on Sandvik mobile equipment whilst maintaining availability, minimizing costs also ensuring Site’s and Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions - APAC Safety and Environmental guidelines are adhered to.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Carry out general low voltage electrical duties to 1000v underground equipment, maintenance, repairs, and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik mobile equipment (including Surface) whilst maintaining availability and minimizing costs and ensuring Site and SMC Safety and Environmental guidelines are adhered to.
- Performing electrical maintenance duties as directed and as per maintenance plans, to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation.
- Perform fault finding and repairs, using electrical schematics
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records including specific site records.
To be successful for this role you must have the, as a minimum the following experience & qualifications.
- Qualifications required certificate III in electro technology and Post trade experience of at least 3 years
- Experience in remote control testing and repair
- Surface and underground mining and heavy mobile equipment experience.
- Experience with Sandvik products will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong customer service attitude as well as a drive and determination to achieve targets and goals.
- Some basic mechanical and hydraulic knowledge and able to read schematics while experience with Sandvik products will be a distinct advantage.
- Must have the ability to work underground and be able to work rostered shifts.
- Must have a valid QLD electrical license and a valid Driver’s license
- Flame proof equipment installation and maintenance experience will be an advantage
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. Furthermore, the ability to pass a pre-employment medical & a Valid Drivers license.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Deadline: Nov 29